Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search
Threads in this topic will auto-delete 30 days after the OP is posted. Threads posted here are visible to search engines and will appear in Active discussions until they are auto-deleted.

Anyone know about primary education in Hong Kong?

(5 Posts)
Elsasalterego Wed 01-Nov-17 16:49:32

My husband is considering a promotion in Hong Kong. Our kids are state educated as we don't earn enough for private education - does anyone know what the system is in Hong Kong with getting your kids in the state system?

PanPanPanPing Wed 01-Nov-17 17:38:24

If you don't get any answers here, you might find some more help in the Living Overseas www.mumsnet.com/Talk/living_overseas topic.

caffelatte100 Wed 01-Nov-17 17:45:38

They would have to speak Cantonese. I have only heard of one international family doing this. It did not last long. I definitely wouldn't go if you could not afford international school or I dont think that it would work.

MollyHuaCha Wed 01-Nov-17 18:02:22

English speaking International schools for primary age children in HK have been oversubscribed in recent years. A friend five years ago could only find a place for one of her two children. The other was home educated for five months whilst they waited for a place to free up.

More schools have been built, so the shortage might have been rectified now. You can search on the internet and enquire at individual schools very easily.

Schools are very expensive, as is housing (mainly high rise apartments). Fun place though!

Elsasalterego Wed 01-Nov-17 21:33:12

Thanks for the answers guys- I'll get onto the living overseas topic- thanks Panpan

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now