Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search
Threads in this topic will auto-delete 30 days after the OP is posted. Threads posted here are visible to search engines and will appear in Active discussions until they are auto-deleted.

The one that got away (has contacted me)

(9 Posts)
Inthemidnightsnow Mon 30-Oct-17 15:13:48

I have not seen nor heard from him in 14 years. I have often thought about him over the years. We wasn't together for a huge amount of time but I loved him more than anyone.
He split up with me but didn't really give me a reason why. I was a bit selfish at the time as I was only 18 (he was older) so I'm guessing that was the reason why.
Anyway he has now recently contacted me through fb. I am single with two toddlers and i don't know how to handle this from here.
He was very good to me, apart from the way he ended things.
I have been thinking about him recently then received a message out of the blue from him.

Teddy7878 Mon 30-Oct-17 15:18:14

Maybe just reform a friendship with him and take it from there. It's a bit shitty that he dumped you but it was a long time ago and people change. And you said you were selfish back then so maybe he had good reason.
Sounds like you must have been on his mind recently too if he's getting in touch out the blue. Must have been a nice surprise getting his message

MissConductUS Mon 30-Oct-17 15:18:52

What did the message say, and what do you know about his current situation?

Inthemidnightsnow Mon 30-Oct-17 15:27:43

Yes I was so happy when he messaged me (obviously I played it cool and didn't let it show)
Yes he did have good reason to dump me to be honest I was very young and didn't know much about relationships at that point. He was older and abit more mature. Although he could of been a bit nicer about the way he dumped me but it was a long time ago.

Inthemidnightsnow Mon 30-Oct-17 15:30:15

The message just asked how I was basically. I know he's single and has one ds. I don't know to much at the minute as it's all still new. He could be a totally different person now. I hope he's not, I'm hoping he's the same. He looks the same even though he must be around 40 now.

Santawontbelong Tue 31-Oct-17 13:54:56

Wow!! A second chance for you both!! Sounds an exciting new chapter.
Hope it works out!!
But remember nothing ventured nothing gained!!

Mamabear4180 Tue 31-Oct-17 14:06:30

I wouldn't get into it but it's up to you. Did he actually say you weren't mature? He sounds a bit desperate and you've got two toddlers to think about sorry if I sound like your mum/gran whatever. I can't see it working as I think if he liked you in the first place he wouldn't have ended it. He knows nothing about you anymore. The risk is worse than meeting someone for the first time because he already dumped you once. It's lonely on your own with toddlers but it's even lonelier if you get together then split up all over again. I don't expect my advice will be popular but that's what I think.

WatchingFromTheWings Tue 31-Oct-17 23:42:45

I got in touch with my ‘one that got away’ after a 15 year gap. Been together over 7 years now, married with 1 DC.

tiddleywinks27 Wed 01-Nov-17 18:49:35

How excitingsmile
Play it cool and try not overthink it all. At least you have gotten a bit of closure on what happened when he split with you.
I reconnected with my “one that got away” via Facebook a few years back. We’re great friends now and it’s nice having him back in my life

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now