Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search
Threads in this topic will auto-delete 30 days after the OP is posted. Threads posted here are visible to search engines and will appear in Active discussions until they are auto-deleted.

Electrical advice?

(7 Posts)
Mehfruittea Sat 28-Oct-17 16:53:06

I’ve no idea why this won’t work, pls help!

I have an eclectic wheelchair with a charger that plugs in to any normal domestic plug socket. I want to charge my chair while it is in the boot of my car, so that I dont have to get it out specifically to charge it.

In my boot is a 12v power supply. I have bought a converter. Is it the wrong one?!

It has a 12v plug thing at one end and fits in, then the other is normal power sockets and some USBs. It a 300w power invertor. hmm Output AC220v

The wheelchair doesn’t seem to charge but I don’t know what’s wrong. TIA

Piesandprejudice Sat 28-Oct-17 16:59:34

Not an expert but some cars need the ignition on for the fag lighter thingy (technical term) to work. As soon as you take the key out on one of my cars, everything goes off. In my other car though you can happily charge devices with engine off

Lol at the typo eclectic wheelchair BTW

DancingLedge Sat 28-Oct-17 16:59:41

Waay above my pay grade.

The property/DIY board, over in 'other stuff' has some very knowledgeable and practical people about usually, if you don't get an answer here, maybe try there?
Good luck.

DancingLedge Sat 28-Oct-17 17:05:00

Bump

SWtobe Sat 28-Oct-17 17:09:21

Is your car close to your house as in the driveway etc

Mehfruittea Sat 28-Oct-17 17:53:46

Thanks everyone and grin at the typo!

It’s supposed to charge the wheelchair while I’m driving about, so that I don’t have to wait until I get home to recharge again. Like for camping.

I currently use an extension cable and run it out of the house and in to the boot, but then my door or window is open until I’m done. I just wanted an easier solution so there was less faff and more power in my wheelchair. I’ve unfortunatly had occasions where DH has forgotten to charge it for me and I’ve run out of power. Wouldn’t be a problem with boot power!! grin

Mosaic123 Sun 29-Oct-17 09:25:21

I wonder if a normal car has enough power to charge a wheelchair? I believe, although I may be wrong, that phones charge more slowly in a car because there's not enough power to do them quickly.

You need to put this question in the property/DIY section and ask for a guy called Pigletjohn to answer. He knows these kinds of things.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now