Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search
Threads in this topic will auto-delete 30 days after the OP is posted. Threads posted here are visible to search engines and will appear in Active discussions until they are auto-deleted.

Feel so useless

(8 Posts)
HCantThinkOfAUsername Fri 27-Oct-17 21:03:40

Dp is at work. He's had a phone call to say his best friend (and I'd class him a friend) has been in an accident and only has 10% chance of survival and is in a hospital 3 hours away.
That's literally all we know, don't know what's happened.
I'm sat here crying yet it's his best friend. I don't know what to do or say.
Dp won't be home for a few hours but he has never really had to deal with any bad situations never mind death (God forbid that happens).

Mosaic123 Fri 27-Oct-17 21:48:36

That's very sad. Do you think you should ring him at work? He might want to drive there now.

Farontothemaddingcrowd Fri 27-Oct-17 21:50:55

So sorry to hear this. Yes dp might want you with him.

HCantThinkOfAUsername Fri 27-Oct-17 23:17:50

Neither of us drive sad and his work won't let him come home or id have told him to get a train.
It's so shit and I'm useless with words and comforting.

Mosaic123 Sat 28-Oct-17 00:52:58

Maybe look up timetables online of which train or coach to catch tomorrow?

PurpleDaisies Sat 28-Oct-17 00:55:49

There’s nothing magic you can (or need to) say that will make this feel better right now. Just give your dh a hug and tell him you’ll support him in any way he needs you to.

Icantstopeatinglol Sat 28-Oct-17 01:03:59

That's so sad. I agree with others, see what trains are available etc to get him there asap. So sorry you're having to deal with this.

HCantThinkOfAUsername Sat 28-Oct-17 19:36:13

Thank you all, he's in denial today and gone to work tonight. Going to try again with him tomorrow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now