Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search
Threads in this topic will auto-delete 30 days after the OP is posted. Threads posted here are visible to search engines and will appear in Active discussions until they are auto-deleted.

Scratching in walls

(7 Posts)
Justthejist Fri 20-Oct-17 22:41:09

Over the sat few nights I am hearing scratching coming from my front wall, both downstairs and upstairs. It is only ever in the front wall of the house.

There has been no evidence of mice or rats inside.

How do I deal with this?? How would pest control get to them inside the wall? Are they likely to venture inside shock

Justthejist Fri 20-Oct-17 22:45:15

Also could it be anything other than mice or rats. I'm terrified it's rats!!!!!

cuirderussie Fri 20-Oct-17 22:47:54

Sorry but it's mice. Happened to me last year, didn't see them for ages. I got a cat, it was the only thing!

Lyn29 Fri 20-Oct-17 22:47:57

I had this when my pet hamster escaped..... only at night time. Probably is a small mouse

Justthejist Fri 20-Oct-17 22:52:53

Think I'm going to call pest control out. Yuck 🤢

butterfly86 Fri 20-Oct-17 23:14:31

We had this a few years back it was rats, they were in the loft but could hear them scurrying about the wall cavities. It was awful they would scratch on the bedroom ceiling at night, call pest control ours were sorted pretty quickly...although one died in the loft and the stench was horrendous, dh had to go up and find it!

coffeeandcake7 Fri 20-Oct-17 23:17:18

Is lived in a rural farmhouse a few years back and had two similar experiences....

Downstairs I had mice that had come through a hole for the cavity wall insulation and got stuck in the wall. They would run the length of the room within the wall!

I also got a wasp nest inside the brick off my bedroom wall. That was more like a buzzing noise. One night i noticed a damp patch on the wall.. Pressed it and the plaster came off and my room was full of wasps! Needless to say I moved out shortly after!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now