Talk

Advanced search
Threads in this topic will auto-delete 30 days after the OP is posted. Threads posted here are visible to search engines and will appear in Active discussions until they are auto-deleted.

Mumsnet inspired buys anyone?

(57 Posts)
abitoflight Tue 10-Oct-17 13:29:10

On and off Mumsnet for years - losing passwords etc but a bit more organised now
Anyway, how much stuff do you buy after seeing stuff on Mumsnet?
In the last 4 weeks, I’ve bought a hush Tara dress - never heard of hush before but went to John Lewis to get one after good reviews here
Also bourjois lip pencil thing -looks like Clinique chubby stick - it’s fab!
Yesterday I whizzed into Aldi on way home for cauliflower rice and also picked up a swede to do the whistling swede thing I’d seen on frozen mash thread
Just curious what other people have been inspired to buy and was it good or not?

EmmaJR1 Tue 10-Oct-17 15:59:16

Well I bought frozen Mash today for the first time ever. People rave about it on here so for £1 I thought I'd try it...

Ruhrpott Tue 10-Oct-17 16:00:44

I got an insinkerator 3in1 Tap

Ruhrpott Tue 10-Oct-17 16:02:42

And I’ve just added frozen mash to my tesco order

EmmaGrundyForPM Tue 10-Oct-17 16:04:30

My Instant Pot. Saw it recommended in a thread, then loads of people piled in to say how wonderful they were and before I knew it I was ordering one on Amazon.

Bloody marvellous invention.

abitoflight Tue 10-Oct-17 16:16:09

Ooh I’ll look at instant pot I have noticed it popping up too
I have an actifry - I could use cupboard space more fruitfully tbh

DJBaggySmalls Tue 10-Oct-17 16:19:07

We're considering an Actifry, and I bought a memory foam pillow which I hate as a pillow but use as a backrest when I want to sit up in bed.

Ruhrpott Tue 10-Oct-17 20:09:37

Oh yes instant pot. I got one of those too blush

Ruhrpott Tue 10-Oct-17 20:11:07

And the room thermostat thingy (Honeywell) that Pigletjohn recommends

ShotsFired Tue 10-Oct-17 20:14:41

I bought some zoflora.

Disgusting, chemically, headache-inducing stuff. I now dilute and sprinkle it outside to stop the cats pooing in the gravel and I can still smell it a mile off.

charleyfarleysaunt Tue 10-Oct-17 20:19:41

Noting as sensible as the above, but I did buy a hula hoop after a thread on here last week grin

I am still unbelievably rubbish at it, but I feel better for just doing it for a few minutes over the last few evenings and it turns out my tummy muscles are still there under all the wobbly bits... I've even begun to get a tiny bit of waist shape if I look really hard (disclaimer: that last statement might be positive thinking)

Marmighty Tue 10-Oct-17 20:25:24

A karcher window vacuum cleaner thing. It is good, but I have to admit to only using it a handful of times

Calmanrose Tue 10-Oct-17 20:28:59

Instant pot. Zoflora. Amazon echo. Numerous clothes/make up. A diamond ring.
You lot are a bad influence

abitoflight Tue 10-Oct-17 21:28:00

Well at least zoflora has some use then! Reminds me of cold pub lips and very old aunties
A diamond ring is quite a different matter entirely
Love the echo - had it in cupboard for 2 months before got it out as I thought was just another useless dust collecting piece of crap that DH bought!
Was at friends house and she said ‘Alexa for a fart’ and Alexa did noise and in fact has 2 fart noises confused

strawberryblondebint Wed 11-Oct-17 06:56:42

Actually can somebody hurry up and find this years scarf. I bought the MN one years ago and need a new one

donajimena Wed 11-Oct-17 07:01:26

Footner. One of the many reasons why I will miss CatThiefKeith sad
Red knickers to wear under white dresses or trousers (much nicer than those beige ones)
Soap.

dudsville Wed 11-Oct-17 07:05:09

Today I'm going to make the recipes for bean soup and flat bread posted on mn a few weeks back.

isthismylifenow Wed 11-Oct-17 07:10:48

Red knickers to wear under white dresses or trousers (much nicer than those beige ones)

I missed this bit of advice. So you cannot see red through white....how does that work?? Does this include bras too?

I do not have one pair of red underwear now I think about it. Loads of horrid beige though....

Veronicat Wed 11-Oct-17 07:26:09

The Hush ruched skirt, Nip + Fab skin care, hot cloth cleansers and some plum coated trousers from Tesco.
I keep meaning to order the footer stuff.

CrabappleCake Wed 11-Oct-17 07:37:13

How does the red underwear work?

I bought a Karcher window vac to hoover up condensation from the windows in the morning.

Wool duvet for the menopause.

abitoflight Wed 11-Oct-17 07:46:23

Re scarf: those folks on the style forum are amazing - how they can suggest dresses/boots for others so quickly!
Looking for red knickers now...

GetSchwifty Wed 11-Oct-17 07:47:49

A soap and glory foot file
Zoflora
Frozen sliced garlic

feckthemall Wed 11-Oct-17 07:57:23

Red knickers......tell me more pls

Callmegeoff Wed 11-Oct-17 08:01:42

A much bigger hamster cage, with a huge wheel. Hammy equivalent of the London eye 😂

schoolgaterebel Wed 11-Oct-17 09:35:01

Tweezerman tweezers
Heated clothes dryer
Zoflora

And...tinned potatoes (inspired by some thread and still in my grocery cupboard 18 months later!)

I want to but those Turkish towels everybody raves about

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now