Talk

Advanced search
Threads in this topic will auto-delete 30 days after the OP is posted.

Friends 50th birthday gift ideas please.

(12 Posts)
morethanyoubargainfor Wed 31-May-17 13:54:57

As title suggests, it's my friends 50th next month. I have got her a few humorous bits that are relevant to us. Can I have some ideas on a meaningful present, I am a little stumped.

Justmadeperfectflapjacks Wed 31-May-17 13:56:43

Photo album and fill it?
50 moments in the life of friend?
Space for 50th knees up?

YesILikeItToo Wed 31-May-17 14:05:20

Costume jewellery from the sixties.

Commission a drawing of a favourite place for you both.

50 bulbs for her (massive) garden.

morethanyoubargainfor Wed 31-May-17 14:11:08

I am liking the ideas so far thank you. Will look into them. Any further ideas?

morethanyoubargainfor Wed 31-May-17 14:12:07

Can you elaborate on the 50 moments in the life of a friend idea please justmadeperfectflapjacks?

Rockhopper81 Wed 31-May-17 16:53:52

For my mums 60th birthday earlier this year, I did a '60 Memories of Mum' book - I wrote 60 memories of my mum, splitting them into school/holidays/food/illness etc. I did mine on the computer - I made each 'page' as an image and then made a photobook through Tesco Photo - but you could write out the memories in a notebook/pretty scrapbook of some sort, maybe using some ribbons or washi tape to add some colour and design to it.

The book I made for my mum made her cry (admittedly not hard to do!) and she was so touched by the thoughtfulness of it.

If you fancy something semi-personalised, but without doing much in terms of computer stuff, search for 'The Book of Everyone'. They do a few different styles of book, where you just need their name, date of birth, and the option to personalise a few of the pages a little, or choose between a design (e.g. Depending on whether the recipient believes in horoscopes or not). It's a straightforward process and I can recommend them from my own use.

Hope this helps at all? smile

Mrsfloss Wed 31-May-17 16:56:21

Afternoon tea for two of you at nice hotel

A show? I prefer doing stuff rather than things

morethanyoubargainfor Wed 31-May-17 19:34:27

Thank you both. I love the memory idea book. I had booked an afternoon tea however had to cancel as friend has anxiety issues at the moment.

morethanyoubargainfor Wed 31-May-17 19:34:45

Her husband is taking her to a show.

SpeckledyHen Wed 31-May-17 19:44:20

A newspaper from the day she was born ?

Evewasinnocent Wed 31-May-17 20:46:34

I bought a bottle of 50 year old cognac for my brother's 50th birthday last month - lovely bottle in a silk lined box? Went down a treat - but not so good if your friend doesn't like cognac! It also wasn't cheapI know someone who did 50 presents for my mother's 50th (25 years ago) - mostly small things which my mother loved!

JamesDelayneysTattoos Wed 31-May-17 20:52:31

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/PoeticPerspectiveGB?ref=searchshopp_redirect

I was given a bespoke poem for my golden birthday from here.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now