Talk

Advanced search
Threads in this topic will auto-delete 30 days after the OP is posted.

Teenage son taking drugs - so worried

(7 Posts)
Blueistheneworange Wed 31-May-17 13:23:34

My son is 17, will be 18 later this year and I'm so worried about him. He's taking drugs - I dont know what as I get different stories each time and I don't believe what he says.

He left school last year, left a work placement earlier this year and didn't tell me until afterwards when there was nothing I could do to help him stay on.

He chooses to spend his time with others who like to do the same thing as him though I fight to keep him in and to try to keep him safe. I've caught him trying to sneak out of the house in the middle of the night but there are also occasions when I suspect he did get out and back in without me being aware.

I'm not with his dad and last year, when he found my house rules to be too restrictive, he moved in with his father. His father let him run wild with no restrictions and now that it's all gone wrong he's back home with me.

His siblings and worried for him but equally don't like the atmosphere and stress he brings with him. We have to keep things locked up or else they disappear. He opens some congratulations cards one of his siblings got and we have no idea if there was cash in them or not.

On one hand he won't admit there's a problem and yet I also overhear him (he's very loud) say on the phone to friends how messed up he is.

I have no idea how to help my son, l love him to pieces but cannot let him destroy everyone's lives they way he is hell bent on doing to his own.

I can't book a doctors appointment in advance for almost a month so am thinking I will get an emergency appointment for me to raise it with the doctor and then book him an appointment with a doctor too. He refuses to see the doctor with me there.

I've tried telephoneing ahelp line for 'young minds' but repeatedly get a recorded message saying how sorry they are but they are busy and can't take my call

If you have any advice or ideas on how I can get him the help he desperately needs then please let me know.

I hate seeing my wonderful baby so broken and unhappy

Blueistheneworange Wed 31-May-17 20:39:41

Bump.....any advice?

Missb00 Wed 31-May-17 20:46:04

I don't really have any helpful advice but hoping this gives you the jump you need. Does he want to get off the drugs? Would he even see the doctor by himself?

user1483836741 Wed 31-May-17 20:54:38

Sorry I can't offer any advice, this sounds very difficult for the whole family.

I googled that Talk to Frank service - they had a list of support orgs - I don't know if there's one near you?

www.talktofrank.com/support-near-you

user1483836741 Wed 31-May-17 21:00:27

Just looking around the site - I think any member of the family can use their contact services, but your son may feel this is more accessible than the GP?

www.talktofrank.com/contact-frank

Blueistheneworange Thu 01-Jun-17 13:42:03

Thank you for replying. I know he's smoked pot and he has admitted to taking valium that he bought goodness knows where but claims he's not taking anything now. I don't believe him as his behaviour is all over the place.
Tried to get an emergency appointment but they were all gone when I finally got through at 8.02 this morning.

OnTheRise Thu 01-Jun-17 17:19:22

That sounds so difficult. I'm sorry I can't offer any advice, but I do hope you get the help and support you need.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now