Talk

Advanced search
Threads in this topic will auto-delete 30 days after the OP is posted.

How long do your PIL's visit for each time?

(9 Posts)
tiba Sun 28-May-17 19:00:29

And do you feel they outstay their welcome?

PILs arrive at 1:30pm for BBQ.
They have just recently left nearly 7pm.

With two under 3, and having been up since the early hours this feels exhausting.

Is this normal? Am I a spoil sport?
DH happy with long visits and does not want to ask them to leave

JohnLapsleyParlabane Sun 28-May-17 19:02:15

For me, that would be a brief visit. But if it's too much for you then get DH onside and schedule a leaving time.

Justmadeperfectflapjacks Sun 28-May-17 19:03:05

Mil not since Jan 2015!!
Life is truly great!!
grin

OnTheRise Sun 28-May-17 19:03:50

I would find that too much but am not very sociable.

If your DH is fine with it that's nice for him, but you live in your house too. Tell him that next time he can take them out to a pub for lunch, and leave you at home to catch up with your sleep (or to just potter about. Whatever you need or want to do.)

perfectpanda Sun 28-May-17 19:06:14

Blimey I was going to come on and tell you about my 4 night rule that I made many years ago ( recently put that down to 3 nights..). An afternoon doesn't sound so bad.....

BestZebbie Sun 28-May-17 19:07:01

At least one overnight, usually two! But only every six weeks or so, no popping in from round the corner/regular childcare etc

Hulababy Sun 28-May-17 19:09:52

How far away do they live?
How often do you see them?

My parents came today about 1:30 and have just left. They live about 50 minutes away and we see them round once a month in average.

PIL will visit for similar times and see around same amount, maybe once every 5-6 weeks.

Sometimes here, sometimes theirs. Varies.

We've had a good afternoon - chatting, eating, drinking, relaxing.

BackforGood Sun 28-May-17 19:12:27

As otyhers suggest, this depends on so many things.
Mainly, if they are the type to sit there and expect you to sit and chat with them, or if they are really hands on and helping people.

farfarawayfromhome Sun 28-May-17 19:25:15

Two weeks at a time but I live overseas. Longest two weeks of my life..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now