Talk

Advanced search
Threads in this topic will auto-delete 30 days after the OP is posted.

Should I friend request gorgeous new vet at my vets surgery?

(48 Posts)
Dontupsetme Sat 27-May-17 22:26:36

Had to make two recent trips to vet and first time id met the new Vet. Such a lovely guy.
Had to return few days later for something else but was told it wouldn't be same vet as he was busy. That was fine, no worries, I don't mind who i see.
Anyway, cut a long story short, Turns out vet changed his day round to be there for my appointment, quite chatty and left with a 'perhaps ill see you again soon', kinda goodbye. (Not the dog she wont need to go back now)
He was so lovely, I did the whole obligatory Facebook stalking search and found him. I really want to send him a friend request, (well actually another kind of request but ehem...Facebook don't have that facility available) Should I or am I the mad stalker client?

LorLorr2 Sat 27-May-17 22:29:07

Hahaa aw. Does he definitely not have his relationship status set to 'married' or in a relationship' on facebook??

Awholenewstart Sat 27-May-17 22:31:06

Do it 😊

Dontupsetme Sat 27-May-17 22:32:21

Not that i could see and no pics of him with any ladies which looked like they could be girlfriends etc. But i dont think his profile lets you see the most recent stuff and id be EXTREMELY surprised if he didnt have a hot looking lady in tow!

Dontupsetme Sat 27-May-17 22:34:04

Awholenewstart cute emoji! Im scared! lol am i a stalker??!

fakenamefornow Sat 27-May-17 22:36:10

I wouldn't. You've got to do something though. Can you email him at the vets and ask him some question about the dog's treatment? Or a thank you card with your phone number?

Pepperedpig Sat 27-May-17 22:38:36

Do it.

Dontupsetme Sat 27-May-17 22:39:17

fakenamefornow

Why do you think i should do something? Do you think there might be some interest? I am bloody crap at all this reading people/signals etc. I cant tell you the amount of weird situations i end up in cause i think everyone is just all nice and friendly and innocent - apparently not! lol

MsMims Sat 27-May-17 22:39:57

I think it's creepy and obvious you've looked him up, sorry.

ImperialBlether Sat 27-May-17 22:39:59

I wouldn't. I'd let him chase you, if he's interested.

ScarlettDarling Sat 27-May-17 22:40:39

Do it! You've got nothing to lose. It's not like he's your doctor or teacher or anything...surely it's ok to date your dog's vet?

Dontupsetme Sat 27-May-17 22:41:24

All you posters saying 'Do it' are scaring me lol. I'll have to put my big girl pants on and i cant find them.....lol wink

Whisky2014 Sat 27-May-17 22:42:07

If someone has a restricted profile you can actually see more pics by searching "First name Last name photos"
Eg: "John Smith photos"
And more pics will appear...

2014newme Sat 27-May-17 22:42:54

Don't do it until you know he's available.

fakenamefornow Sat 27-May-17 22:46:02

Do you think there might be some interest?

I don't know. He may have wanted to see your dog because he knew the history. You obviously fancy him though, that's why I think you should do something. I think a thank you card is the way to go, you'd be making the first move and if you include your phone number he will contact you if interested pretending to thank you for the card. It would be very unprofessional (and possibly illegal) for him to look you up on the database.

Riderontheswarm Sat 27-May-17 22:46:14

No!

ShelaghTurner Sat 27-May-17 22:47:18

Totally do it. Of course you looked him up, that's what FB is for!

Dontupsetme Sat 27-May-17 22:49:07

I like the card idea. Perhaps i'll go with that? surely putting phone number in is very presumptuous though? arghh

dontpokethebear Sat 27-May-17 22:49:22

I wouldn't. It does come across slightly creepy...

fakenamefornow Sat 27-May-17 22:51:36

Put it in the corner at the top with name and address make it look like a letter.

Awholenewstart Sat 27-May-17 22:53:29

The ball is in his court if you friend request. He doesn't have to accept.
Life's too short not to take chances. I'd do it definitely.

Highalert Sat 27-May-17 22:54:54

No I don't think you should, It's a bit creepy.

JustCallMeKate Sat 27-May-17 22:56:39

Ha ha ha. My DH is a Vet and gets friend requests from random people who have been in the surgery as does my DS who is also a Vet. DH normally says "see you again" to most folk leaving the surgery. I've lost count of the number of cards he's had but few have phone numbers as all owners phone numbers are on our computer records system. You'll look like a mad stalker IMO.

Empireoftheclouds Sat 27-May-17 23:02:15

Yes I agree it's a bit odd imo. I think of the vet being a bit like the doctor/pharmacist/teacher type that are just a no. If you were to meet on a night out fair enough, but if you message him he will probably just think you are another one of the odd balls tbh

Highalert Sat 27-May-17 23:04:35

You don't even know if he's single. Do you really think he will accept a FR from a customer?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now