Talk

Advanced search
Threads in this topic will auto-delete 30 days after the OP is posted.

Audio books

(12 Posts)
jajabonks Sat 27-May-17 19:04:19

Hi
Does anyone use audio book sites? Have downloaded audible but Am I right in thinking you can only get one book a month?
Thanks

ErnesttheBavarian Sat 27-May-17 19:07:49

I don't use audio books per se. I buy a book on Kindle or play store and then I choose the read aloud option. It means I can both read the book or listen to it depending on the circumstances, eh if I'm driving I can listen to the book, then arrive at destination and carry on reading. 99% of my books are free too......

The voice is a bit robotic mind, but it doesn't bother me.

ProfAnnieT Sat 27-May-17 19:07:52

You can check out the various options here - you can buy either credits of books: audible-uk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5527/~/what-are-the-different-membership-plans-audible-offers%3F

jajabonks Sat 27-May-17 19:13:04

Oh that's great both of you thanks very much

AstrantiaMajor Sat 27-May-17 19:27:25

What deal have you got?. I have got the 24 book deal. I can have as many as I want until all the credits have gone then I just renew.

jajabonks Sat 27-May-17 19:31:34

I have the free trial but then goes to 7.99 a month which equals one credit which is one book

helpfulperson Sat 27-May-17 20:27:07

You can also get an option which gives you two credits a month for about £14. And sometimes they will offer you the option to buy 3 credits for £18. You do also have the choice of buying books at full price but as this is usually about 20 pounds it is to be avoided. They do however also offer you cheap audio versions of books you have bought or buy the kindle version. That is usually about £7.

Can you tell I spend too much money on Audible??

AstrantiaMajor Sat 27-May-17 20:57:48

I think that sounds quite expensive. I am sure my books are only about £4 something

ChocDee Sat 27-May-17 21:38:53

I get mine all from the library downloaded straight into my phone using the Overdrive app. I do live in the US but I have heard that some uk libraries have started doing it as well.

Unlimited and free!!

Grumpbum Sat 27-May-17 21:40:11

I do the 2 book option and only download expensive books!!!

NotSuchASmugMarriedNow1 Sat 27-May-17 21:53:10

You can have as many books as you like from audible there's no restrictions why would there be?

Voice0fReason Sat 27-May-17 22:58:33

There's a daily deal you can sign up for as well. A different book every day for about £2-£3. I've got a few good books from there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now