Talk

Advanced search
Threads in this topic will auto-delete 30 days after the OP is posted.

Scared stiff

(10 Posts)
yellowbroccoli Sat 27-May-17 18:39:33

I'm a week late for my period I can't take a test tonight anyway so tomorrow would be the earliest but I'm so scared. I could of gone out my way to buy a test today I suppose but I couldn't bring myself too, I can't have another baby right now. My last pregnancy nearly killed me, I'm only sorting out my mental health now nearly 3 years on. I can't do this. We're always careful! I've been on doxycycline recently could this be a reason? I'm so anxious I just want to cry, if I am pregnant it puts me in an impossible situation. Can't even tell my DH not that he wouldn't be supportive just because I want to pretend this isn't happening. I keep going to the toilet praying it's come.
I'm not sure why I'm posting this just don't want to talk to anyone irl about it sad

oohloolala Sat 27-May-17 18:44:55

You'll feel better if you tell your DH, it's hard to deal with things alone. Take the test tomorrow so you know for sure. Good luck!

oohloolala Sat 27-May-17 18:45:34

...& don't feel guilty about putting your health first!

ImperialBlether Sat 27-May-17 18:47:10

It says:

Taking this medicine during pregnancy may affect tooth and bone development in the unborn baby. Taking doxycycline during the last half of pregnancy can cause permanent tooth discoloration later in the baby's life. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or if you become pregnant while using this medicine.

Doxycycline can make birth control pills less effective. Ask your doctor about using a non-hormonal birth control (condom, diaphragm with spermicide) to prevent pregnancy.

You really need to find out whether you're pregnant or not, and take other precautions if not. Can't you get a test now?

yellowbroccoli Sat 27-May-17 18:50:43

No I have work soon and I absolutely can't get one from work, word would spread before I even find out for sure confused
We use condoms.
Shit I'm freaking out

Bobbiepin Sat 27-May-17 18:54:14

Take the test. Worry about an actual situation rather than a potential. And talk to your OH, you are together for a purpose. Good luck x

OriginalArchitect Sat 27-May-17 19:54:06

You know, stressing about a lack of period can actually delay you starting if you are anything like me. I had a similar experience with my last child and never want to be pregnant again. Anxiety around that time can be high and Ive found just taking a test and seeing a negative result can let me relax and bingo! A couple of days later it starts.

Hope it works out for you, take the test - at least then you will know flowers

Smilingthru Sun 28-May-17 07:17:40

💐 OP, hope you're ok. X

yellowbroccoli Sun 28-May-17 10:34:51

NEGATIVE OH THANK GOD
I must of stared at the thing for ages watched the one line appear and then nothing more. What a relief!
I hate the stress our bodies put us through! Can breath again now!

BusterGonad Sun 28-May-17 10:57:52

Good news Op, what a fright!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now