Talk

Advanced search
Threads in this topic will auto-delete 30 days after the OP is posted.

Can't take this shit any more

(15 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

friendlessfred Sat 20-May-17 01:31:20

Had enough....wish suicide was an option.

mmmchocolatex Sat 20-May-17 01:31:49

Do you want to talk about it? flowers

friendlessfred Sat 20-May-17 01:36:19

Ffs came downstairs and felt,overwhelmed with emotion, want to cry and now dc has woken up and come down cos the can't sleep,so now I'm having to force my emotions back and can't fucking cry it out. Just overwhelmed with all the responsibility and shit in my life at the moment. Been going on for two years now and I'm a t breaking point.

caroldecker Sat 20-May-17 01:38:30

Not an expert but didn't want to leave you alone. We all feel like this sometimes. It does get better - promise.

friendlessfred Sat 20-May-17 01:43:40

It never seems to get better. Got the pills in my bag and oh I wish I could,take them it's the only way to stop the shit. I won't take them but bloody hell this hurts beyond what I can cope with

nursy1 Sat 20-May-17 01:58:51

Children will get you through.
Go see GP if this goes on past weekend. If you are already on meds they are not enough/ not working. Explain exactly how you are thinking and feeling. Things will get better love. Hang in there flowers

SamoanSamosa Sat 20-May-17 02:00:15

Do you have any real life support? Someone you could pop and see tomorrow?

You are doing better than you think if you've been struggling for two years.

How old are DC?

KizzyKat91 Sat 20-May-17 02:03:02

Please contact someone who can come and stay with you. I know it's incredibly difficult to let people know that you're struggling, but people will surprise you with how much support and kindness they will show. Alternatively, please call the Samaritans.

2 years ago, it was the early hours of the morning and I was at breaking point and about to take a large number of pills. Thankfully, I decided to ring my parents and confessed all. They drove for over 2 hours to come and stay with me, keeping me on the phone at all times. They took me to the gp the next morning and I was referred for counselling and prescribed anti depressants.

It was a long, hard journey, but friends and family surprised me with how supportive they were and I faced no judgement. It took awhile, but I can honestly say I am now very happy. Everything that used to upset me, stress me or things that just seemed unbearable, I am now able to cope with. Depression can sap your energy and make even taking a shower seem like too much, let alone looking after children etc

You are ill and that is nothing to be ashamed of. Please seek help.

friendlessfred Sat 20-May-17 02:22:02

Going to try and sleep. Thanks.

BuckinghamLass Sat 20-May-17 05:04:59

Hope you get some sleep OP flowers

YetAnotherBeckyMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 20-May-17 10:27:06

Hello OP, we are really sorry to hear you are feeling this way. flowers

We hope you don't mind, but when these threads are flagged up to us we usually add a link to our Mental Health resources. You can also go to the Samaritans website, or email them on jo@samaritans.org. Support from other Mumsnetters is great and we really hope you will be able to take some comfort from your fellow posters, but as other MNers will tell you, it's really a good idea to seek RL help and support as well.

We also like to remind everyone that, although we're awed daily by the astonishing support our members give each other through life's trickier twists and turns, we'd always caution anyone never to give more of themselves to another poster, emotionally or financially, than they can afford to spare.

SoulLove Sat 20-May-17 10:31:51

How are you Fred? Here if you want to talk

friendlessfred Mon 22-May-17 02:33:23

Still here...hanging on during the day...not coping at night. Trying to deal with some stuff that is tough. Got tablets from the gp now, should be able to cope without them but I can't, I know about the taking tablets for a broken leg thing but I feel like such a failure.

barrygetamoveonplease Mon 22-May-17 03:25:56

You're not a failure. Keep breathing. Every breath is a win. Every breath keeps you with your child/ren and that's what they want most. A child doesn't care if the parent isn't perfect, they just want them there.

friendlessfred Mon 22-May-17 03:35:13

yeah, it's cos ive got children that i keep going. i just dont know how much harder its going to get as i get to thinking it will get better and then the next thing goes wrong.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now