Talk

Advanced search
Threads in this topic will auto-delete 30 days after the OP is posted.

Miscarriage fear.

(8 Posts)
Screamifuwant2gofaster Fri 19-May-17 22:17:18

I'm 16 weeks pregnant and have convinced myself I'm having a miscarriage. Had tiny bit of spotting. Spoken to midwife-they were very reassuring but they are going to book me in next week for a scan -don't know what date yet...Hopefully Monday. I just feel different and so scared it's all gone wrong. Can I have a hand to hold while I wait out the next few days please? Feel such a mess. Thanks.

NK346f2849X127d8bca260 Sat 20-May-17 21:55:03

Sorry you had no replies, hope you are ok.
I had spotting on and off through my pregnancy with DS who is now 18 years old. The reason was never found.
With youngest DS, now 16 years , old I had a light bleed...it was a slight placental tear...never had any more during the pregnancy.

alltalknobaby Sat 20-May-17 22:19:58

Here to hand hold. I had one big bleed at 10 weeks and after 2 early miscarriages, was convinced it was happening again. I continued spotting for 5 weeks. No cause was ever found and the baby is now 16 weeks and snoring in her crib upstairs.

There is literally nothing you can do except take it easy and think positively. Those are your two jobs right now. flowers

Screamifuwant2gofaster Sun 21-May-17 00:30:19

Thanks so much for replying both. Feeling little bit better today. One minute I am convinced everything is ok, the next I'm sure the scan will be bad news. Managed to keep busy today-not thought about it too much. Really hope they can scan me early next week.

alltalknobaby Sun 21-May-17 07:19:52

I would call first thing in the morning if I were you to chase them up. Fingers crossed you can get a scan quickly to put your mind at rest. It might sound a bit odd but I used to quietly repeat "baby is going to be fine, baby is going to be fine" to myself whenever I'd get panicky and worried. It helped to calm me and turn my thinking around a bit to be more positive. It's hard to think the worst at the same time as positive words are coming out of your mouth grin

Stay busy again today xxx

Screamifuwant2gofaster Mon 22-May-17 18:02:26

They are going to scan me tomorrow. We are going away on holiday straight afterwards - hopefully to celebrate. Whole pregnancycle I've felt great-suddenly I don't feel pregnant. Keep forgetting I am. Really hope it's all in my head. Scared. So glad I'll know what's going on tomorrow. Wait is awful.

Smilingthru Mon 22-May-17 19:06:16

Thinking of you OP 💐

alltalknobaby Mon 22-May-17 21:53:56

Hopefully it's just because the placenta is taking over so your symptoms are subsiding. The wait is almost over. Best of luck flowers xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now