Talk

Advanced search
Threads in this topic will auto-delete 30 days after the OP is posted.

9 mo belly button a bit green?

(10 Posts)
OnlyaBitStressed Wed 17-May-17 17:33:17

Whenever dc has her nappy off she claws at her belly. Had a look today and where the cut was made the edges are very green looking. Is this normal? Colour doesn't wash off and there's no smell or discharge 🤔

Have applied sudocrem to see if that will do anything?!

Neverknowing Wed 17-May-17 17:45:35

My LO does this. I would wait it out and see if it gets better, could you show us a picture maybe? If not do you have a walk in clinic near you? You could have a HV look at it.

OnlyaBitStressed Wed 17-May-17 17:58:34

I'll try to take a pic once the sudocrem has worn odd a bit. It's a like green greyish colour just round the edge where the cord was cut... but, you'd think it'd be healed completely by now?!

OnlyaBitStressed Wed 17-May-17 18:05:38

*off

OnlyaBitStressed Wed 17-May-17 21:10:36

?!

Bloosh Wed 17-May-17 21:16:04

Just go to the dr in the morning. They won't mind. It's probably fine but if there is the start of an infection it needs treating,

Neverknowing Wed 17-May-17 21:58:52

I really think go to the walk in centre if you have one, it's what they're for smile has it gone down at all op?

adagio Wed 17-May-17 22:10:36

At 9months neither of my DD looked like that - they looked like perfect little swirls once the plastic clamp and cut cord bit fell off (which iirc was within a week of birth). I would get it looked at - may well be nothing to worry about, as everyone is different, but no harm checking.

adagio Wed 17-May-17 22:10:54

At 9months neither of my DD looked like that - they looked like perfect little swirls once the plastic clamp and cut cord bit fell off (which iirc was within a week of birth). I would get it looked at - may well be nothing to worry about, as everyone is different, but no harm checking.

adagio Sat 20-May-17 20:37:39

Sorry for double post which I only just noticed.
Hope all ok

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now