Talk

Advanced search
Threads in this topic will auto-delete 30 days after the OP is posted.

What kind of gift would you buy a pregnant colleague?

(18 Posts)
OculusReparo Wed 17-May-17 14:22:18

So it's been a few months into my new job and a colleague of mine is heavily pregnant...she's now due in a few weeks time. She often comes by my office to have a chit chat as do her friends. The thing is, we are all on the same team at work and I was hoping that everyone in our team would pool together to buy something for her...but I spoke to a close friend of hers, who also happens to come by my office before going to class, and she said that the pg friend/colleague has already bought everything she needs and that everyone is giving a gift individually. So now I'm left wondering what I'm supposed to buy for someone who I do like but don't know so well. I was just thinking choccies and flowers and something for the baby...but is that too over familiar when I don't know her so well? Am I overthinking things too much? Please help.

OculusReparo Wed 17-May-17 14:23:59

Thanks in advance tbusmile

TheLegendOfBeans Wed 17-May-17 14:27:08

Get her a Jo Malone shower gel or bath oil.

Always a winner x

ExcuseMeButImHavingACrisis Wed 17-May-17 14:28:17

Either Jo Malone or Rituals which is less ££ but just if not more decadent

Spam88 Wed 17-May-17 14:30:56

I had lots of nice little bits from work - mum to be pamper set, flowers, various toys and clothes for the baby.

butterfly990 Wed 17-May-17 14:48:11

This is what I would buy.

www.amazon.co.uk/Infrared-Forehead-electronic-Thermometer-Temperature/dp/B06XRMRRP4/ref=sr_1_8_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1495028805&sr=8-8&keywords=baby+in+ear+thermometer&tag=mumsnetforum-21

SpaceDinosaur Wed 17-May-17 17:02:00

Sanctuary do a "mum to be" gift set which is lovely and also not stupid money

specialsubject Wed 17-May-17 20:00:09

....assuming she actually likes smelly stuff. Not everyone does.

When the baby arrives, a gift for it and chocs for her.

voobylooby Wed 17-May-17 20:08:56

11 weeks in after my first I have to say one of the best things we got in early days came from a work colleague who made some brownies and then popped by to hand them over (didn't even come in). My team also clubbed together and bought m&s vouchers and suggested we use them for food (so no guilt if they didn't go on baby!)
Personally I don't think you can give to much food related stuff!!
I got quite a few smellies but they didn't get used much

OculusReparo Fri 19-May-17 08:33:19

Thanks everyone. Will definitely take your ideas on board smile

MackerelOfFact Fri 19-May-17 08:41:13

Get her an insulated lidded mug so she can actually enjoy a whole warm cup of tea in the early weeks!

RockyBird Fri 19-May-17 08:46:19

A clarins voucher. They do lovely oils suitable for pregnancy massage and if they have a treatment room they also do pregnancy massages. Not for everyone but one of my favourite things. Went in all bloated and heavy feeling and came out walking on air and very relaxed.

Even if none of the above appeals, with a Clarins voucher there's bound to be something she can treat herself to.

RockyBird Fri 19-May-17 08:47:33

Yes, yes to the lidded mug. Wish I'd thought of that.

GoulashSoup Fri 19-May-17 08:50:47

Another vote for the insulated mug. If not, nice hand cream or body butter.

EssentialHummus Fri 19-May-17 08:53:16

PG with first here and not a fan of smellies - how about a Cook voucher (google them, they are brilliant!), M&S/JL voucher or a nice box of chocs?

Namechangearoo Fri 19-May-17 09:01:24

I'm pregnant too and am not a fan of smellies (I'm quite particular about scents). If I get gift sets I usually pass them to my Mum blush

Lidded cup sounds a fantastic idea, as do M&S vouchers - I would love both of those. Also yes to hand-delivered brownies drool

P1nkSparkles Fri 19-May-17 09:49:09

Lidded cup, m&s vouchers & brownies sound great!!

With the pamper kits.... I think they're a bit overrated. I love my baths boiling hot - so was too scared to have a good relaxing bath while pg & now Dd is 7 months old I reckon I've had maybe 3 baths without her since she was born. I still have all 6 of the pamper kits I was bought & only one is even open.

OculusReparo Tue 23-May-17 16:52:03

Awesome ideas 👍 Thank you wise Mumsnetters tbusmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now