Talk

Advanced search
Threads in this topic will auto-delete 30 days after the OP is posted.

Scam website – is there any way I can get my money back?

(6 Posts)
Bingo88 Tue 16-May-17 11:40:54

In summary I saw a pair of shoes in the LK Bennett sale that I just HAD to have. They were completely sold out on their website so I did a bit of googling and found them for sale on this site: www.skarn.co.uk/

They were showing as available in my size and at the same sale price as on the LK Bennett site so I ordered them and paid online. The online payment page looked fine. I did not get an email confirming my order which I thought was a bit odd as you get these straight away from e-bay/amazon etc.

I waited a week and heard nothing so went back to the site and the only thing I could find to get in touch with them was the “contact us” button. I couldn't find any details of a phone number or an address of the company. So, sent an enquiry asking where the shoes were and they emailed me back saying that normal delivery was 8 – 15 working days. This was on 23rd March!!!

I have emailed them every week since, asking where my shoes are, and they email back each time in very bad English saying that they are trying to speed things up with the post office.

I paid with a debit card – which with hindsight was stupid as if I had paid by credit card I wouldn’t be typing this post. My bank say they cannot do anything as I authorised the debit card payment. So, is there anything I can do or anyone I can report these people to to try and get my money back, or do I just need to accept that I’ve been scammed and be more careful in the future when buying things online?

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Tue 16-May-17 11:47:41

Sorry OP. You need to be more careful in future, and you won't get your money back.

www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/how-to-spot-a-fake-fraudulent-or-scam-website

scurryfunge Tue 16-May-17 11:48:57

Look up the company on scam advisor.com. Seems to be aTurkey based website

scurryfunge Tue 16-May-17 11:50:49

A Coventry address is also mentioned. Report to ActionFraud.

Jaxhog Tue 16-May-17 13:20:42

Try your bank to see if they'll reverse the payment. Otherwise you'll need to write it off to experience. As I did when I bought a pair of UGG boots from a dodgy site. We all do it once. I did get the boots, but they were very fake.

KosmoKramer Tue 16-May-17 13:36:28

Your bank CAN do something. Ask for a chargeback. Google Visa Debit Chargeback.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now