Talk

Advanced search
Threads in this topic will auto-delete 30 days after the OP is posted.

Got my first job interview in since 2006 in two hours!!

(13 Posts)
ChanandlerBongsNeighbour Tue 16-May-17 11:15:11

Just relocated from one end of the country to the other (less than two weeks ago!) and have somehow found myself with a job interview this afternoon!!!

It's literally the perfect job for sooooo many reasons! I really want it to work out!

I was in my last job since 2006 (see title!) and feel completely out of the loop interview wise! I have prepared all o can, enlisting help of previous colleagues/boss. I guess I'm as ready as I'll ever be!

But now that I am physically actually getting ready, the nerves are totally kicking in!!!

I need a pep talk!!!

bloodyuselessme Tue 16-May-17 11:29:17

You can do it!

I'm rubbish at I interviews so have no advice sadly, but I take a deep breath before going in and just tell me myself I can give it the best I can and what will be will be

WimbledonMum1 Tue 16-May-17 11:52:39

Imagine the interviewer naked works every time smile
Just be yourself you know you can do it that job is ALL YOURS !! smilegood luck

Longdistance Tue 16-May-17 11:56:01

I had a job interview in 1997, then my next one was 2015. I got the job in the end.

You can do it. Just be yourself 🍀

Loungingbutnotforlong Tue 16-May-17 12:00:59

You can do it! The best advice I ever got was 'Be interested and interesting'.
Be interested- Ask about the job/ the organisation/ what Is important/ what is challenging.
Be interesting- they have your CV, now they just want to know what you will be like to work with.
Good luck!

ChanandlerBongsNeighbour Tue 16-May-17 12:15:05

Thank you everyone!! Eeeek the butterflies are building up! Am leaving in about 20 minutes to walk there (it's about a 20 minute walk away). Leaving early so I can take my time and slowly stroll and not be a sweaty hot mess when I arrive!

ChanandlerBongsNeighbour Tue 16-May-17 15:16:09

I got the job!!! Only just out of the interview now, it was loooong!!! Having a celebratory Costa! smile

MudCity Tue 16-May-17 15:18:57

Congratulations! brew

GrumpyMcGrumpFace Tue 16-May-17 15:32:40

what a happy ending! Hope you're really happy in your new job flowers

Nowthereistwo Tue 16-May-17 15:36:14

Well done. Bet you're buzzing now.

bloodyuselessme Tue 16-May-17 15:42:00

Congratulations!

ChanandlerBongsNeighbour Tue 16-May-17 15:56:44

Thank you! Can't stop smiling!

IPokeBadgers Tue 16-May-17 19:18:35

Congratulations Chanandler! It is so nerve-wracking, so pleased it went well for you! I had an interview yesterday, my first in years, but it didn't go well . I fell apart and I am so upset....will find out later in the week for sure but pretty sure i haven't got it 😕 nice to hear someone else had better luck; I hope you are still celebrating, you deserve it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now