Talk

Advanced search
Threads in this topic will auto-delete 30 days after the OP is posted.

Smear test after having a baby (TMI)

(2 Posts)
ListenToYourHeart Mon 15-May-17 14:45:54

Sorry if this is TMI but some reassurance/advice would be gratefully received.

I'm 26 had my first smear test booked in for today and have a DD who is 4 months.

I was dreading it as worried it would be painful , plus I've not had sex since having baby as I had stitches and just generally scared it's going to hurt so was double worried the test would hurt.

Anyway so I went to the appointment however she couldn't get a good sample, it was uncomfortable verging on painful, she said I had a lot of discharge which I wasn't aware of as I haven't noticed any, and then she said there was contacting bleeding, so the no point taking a sample as if wouldn't be good enough.

I have to go back next week and I'm dreading it! Are they normally this bad?! Or is it because of recently having a baby?

I asked if there was anything I should be worried about and she said no but I have terrible anxiety so I'm already worrying and worrying about having to go through it all again. sad

TheCaptainsCat Mon 15-May-17 16:47:48

I've only had one smear test so far, and it was 4 months after having a baby. It was really painful and I bled slightly afterwards, but the results were normal smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now