Talk

Advanced search
Threads in this topic will auto-delete 30 days after the OP is posted.

Driving test'

(9 Posts)
thisiswhatdreamsaremadeof Sat 13-May-17 21:32:49

I have my driving test on Wednesday and it's safe to say I am bricking it- to the point where I can't sleep at night because I'm thinking about it so much!

Does anyone have any tips/tricks?

Tia confusedbike

youvegottobekidding Sat 13-May-17 22:07:50

I don't know if I can help, but I'll try!!

I've had two tests & failed - so perhaps I'm not the best to advise!!!

It's so easy for me and everyone else to say, don't worry, keep calm & just do your best, which is all you can do. My husband, keeps saying to me and has said to me before - it's 40 mins - just 40 mins, it'll literally fly by (and it does) just drive, listen & drive the best you can for 40 mins is all it takes.

I have my 3rd test coming soon. My instructor has more faith in me than I do. I'm taking the Kalms tablets - they're suppose to help with nerves.

My instructor said to me last time, think of the examiner as a new friend you're giving a lift, you don't know where they live, so they are directing you and at the same time you want to show them you're a really safe driver. Might work!

Take a deep breath, a step back. You can do this. Is this your first test?

thisiswhatdreamsaremadeof Sun 14-May-17 06:30:44

Hii! Thanks for replying.

Yes this is my first test! I've been driving for a loooong time but I still don't think I'm ready for itconfused.

I think staying calm is my biggest issue, I used to take kalms religiously for driving lessons but I felt like they didn't do anything- would it be worth it starting to take them now?

LiquoriceAllsorts86 Sun 14-May-17 06:51:19

No advice but I know how you feel. I have mine tomorrow. I'm dreading it. I think I'm a good, safe driver but now and then make random mistakes.confused

thisiswhatdreamsaremadeof Sun 14-May-17 07:03:38

I'm the same! I had an awful lesson last week where I couldn't drive- I stopped at a green light! Handbrake up and everything!

I'm really hoping that all that would go wrong in my test already did last lesson.

Good luck! Let me know how you get on grin

MaximaDeWit Mon 15-May-17 00:11:25

I have been driving for ages and still do the odd dodgy thing - tried to pull off with the handbrake on the other day so don't read anything into a crappy lesson.

Best advice for you on Weds would be that you will either pass or fail and other than driving safely, etc. you'll have very little control over it. I failed my first test purely because of the actions of another driver which made me flustered, I stalled at lights and held up people behind me.

If you fail it is gutting but it made my retake so much less stressful because I knew what to expect.

Good luck! Let us know how you get on

LiquoriceAllsorts86 Mon 15-May-17 13:52:22

Well I passed with 5 minors smile
Good luck for yours !

bimbobaggins Mon 15-May-17 15:12:14

try not to be nervous and have confidence in your driving abilities. Your instructor wouldn't have advised you to put in for your test if they didn't think they were ready.

thisiswhatdreamsaremadeof Mon 15-May-17 20:40:40

Thanks everyone! Will come back Wednesday with an update x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now