Talk

Advanced search
Threads in this topic will auto-delete 30 days after the OP is posted.

neighbour problem are they in the right

(7 Posts)
LilQueenie Sat 13-May-17 15:01:35

seeing as mn is so good with neighbour issues I'd like to ask a question. 2 bought houses with smallish back garden areas. Neighbour has already requested trees to be cut back to allow more sunlight on their area to allow them to soak up the rays. (then promptly fucked off over seas for a good few weeks on holiday) now its been noticed that their sprinkler system is heading over the wall and hitting a few buildings, house roof and patio on the other property. The garden is not that big so why they need a sprinkler is beyond me. The buildings were due to be painted soon. Are they within their rights to do this. The owner of the garden being soaked does not like confrontation to make matters worse but I think there is a possibility that the neighbours are overstepping the mark legally. Or possibly just taking the piss.

LilQueenie Sat 13-May-17 17:38:24

anyone?

HmmOkay Sat 13-May-17 17:52:49

I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Have the neighbours gone on holiday and left their sprinkler on? And they won't be back for a few weeks?

Or are they back now and the sprinkler is still going - covering your patio, garden and walls?

If they have buggered off then just jump over the fence and go and turn it down/redirect it so that it soaks their garden only.

If they are back then ask them to turn it down. If they say no then I'd be telling them that I would be reinstating trees along the boundary line in order to shield my own garden from the water. Nicely and politely.

Then it is up to them how they proceed from there.

PossumInAPearTree Sat 13-May-17 17:55:09

The sprinkler neighbour shouldn't be letting the water go over their boundary.

LilQueenie Sat 13-May-17 18:03:00

the holiday and tree thing was a year ago. The sprinkler was the other day. its actually dds dad that has the issue. tbh moving the sprinkler would mean it would hit the gardens opposite. the garden is not big enough to warrant the use of a sprinkler.

PossumInAPearTree Sat 13-May-17 19:11:23

They can just turn the tap down surely? We have a sprinkler....it covers a massive area if you have the tap fully open. As you close the tap the diameter of the spray area reduces. It's not acceptable to be getting your neighbours patio. I'm careful to make sure it doesn't even reach our side of their fence.

MiniCooperLover Sat 13-May-17 22:40:43

Have they left the sprinkler running while they're away ??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now