Talk

Advanced search
Threads in this topic will auto-delete 30 days after the OP is posted.

What is it about child death that is apparently so desirable?

(30 Posts)
TheFirstMrsDV Fri 12-May-17 12:45:23

I put this in 30 days because no doubt it will get deleted but what the hell.

Why do we have so many Dead Kid Trolls? What make the subject of child loss so fucking hilarious that trolls just love to write about it?

We have had every kind of death on MN. Illness and accident and murder.
We have had threads that last a few minutes (well done MN for the last one) and ones that last for months.

We have apologists 'they must be mentally ill and should be pitied' and we have the dismissers 'it doesn't do any harm unless you let it'

So do we thinking that being mentally ill makes you a cunt? Or do we think that being a cunt is ok if you have a diagnosis? Do we ignore the fact that there are real bereaved parents on MN who are hurt by these threads and just put it down to them being a bit soft?

Do we not start threads about the trolls because it gives them the attention they want.
Or do I get to tell them that they are fucking twats who deserve to come to work with me for a day and see what child death means. Not that I would let anyone like that near my families.

I will just have to make do with at least the second thread I have started on this subject and tell them to go fuck themselves.
So, do that, go fuck yourself.
Sideways

QueenofEsgaroth Fri 12-May-17 12:46:41

Agreed, and yes I would hug you if I could x

LoisWilkersonsLastNerve Fri 12-May-17 12:46:53

flowers No idea. They are scum.

Cocolepew Fri 12-May-17 12:58:54

They know they will get a lot of replies quickly. Because they are sad, pathetic assholes this makes them feel important and clever.

Instasista Fri 12-May-17 13:00:58

Some people just don't have the standards of decency 99.9% of us do. And they're really really fucked up( which is nowhere near the same as mentally ill)

They know the bigger the taboo the more attention they'll get sad

Love to you x

SafeWord Fri 12-May-17 13:02:25

They're vile.
flowers to you who have lost children.

BellMcEnd Fri 12-May-17 13:04:18

They are massive attention seeking nasty fuckers.

It's so destructive because, to me at least, it seems to becoming more and more prevalent which means that genuine posters needing support, compassion, understanding and somewhere anonymous to vent are being treated with scepticism.

Fuckers. angry

WindwardCircle Fri 12-May-17 13:04:55

I can only assume it's because they know it's the quickest and easiest way to get the most responses and they have a complete lack of empathy or understanding for how heartbreaking being in that situation is for real.

Maudlinmaud Fri 12-May-17 13:05:18

Insidious!
It's not ok. It happens far too often. It needs to stop.

Bride123 Fri 12-May-17 13:05:29

Oh no. Have I just posted on one such just now? This is getting out of hand

TheFirstMrsDV Fri 12-May-17 13:06:27

I am pissed off but I am not distraught. I am 11 years on but still have times when I am vulnerable. I am concerned for those who are not feeling strong enough to deal with arses like those who pretend they are involved with child loss.

Newly bereaved or those who are having a particularly difficult time. Trolls can cause huge damage even if it is 'only' temporary.

'Good' days can be rare and precious so losing a good day to a fucking troll is significant.

I have the same kind of thoughts about those who pretend to have sick kids. They are worse. They get to lead up to the 'big finish' if they are that way inclined.
We have had a fair few of those bastards too.

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Fri 12-May-17 13:08:30

i am beginning to think that there should be some sort of "pre moderation" for new posters

or even no thread starting until a quota of posts??

used to be on the bbc boards, 15 or 20 posts I think it was.

It's vile that such emotive subjects are up for cheap thrills for idiots.

TheCaptainsCat Fri 12-May-17 13:09:03

They are nasty nasty people, they want to manipulate and play people's emotions, and know that things involving children are an easy way to do that.

Maudlinmaud Fri 12-May-17 13:09:49

I stay away from threads like that now. I have offered support in the past but then the thread is pulled and I feel hurt for those genuinely effected.

AWhistlingWoman Fri 12-May-17 13:11:18

Oh I don't know. I find it incomprehensible. My daughter's twin died when they were babies meaning that I set off not only the dead baby troll alarm but the twin one too. Thanks to the trolls, I feel that I need to post a little 'not a troll' disclaimer before I post anything related to this experience.

I dearly wish that I had made it all up. I can't understand what sort of kicks anyone would get from pretending their child had died. I always feel like an idiot when I have been taken in.

flowers for everyone who gets hurt by this type of trolling.

SafeWord Fri 12-May-17 13:12:49

It's plain unacceptable that people who are going through the worst kind of hell are subjected to such disgusting intent.

Mrs DV the way you express loss and grief and all the awfulness is incredible. I can never find the right words for mine (different from yours, but there nevertheless) . You're awesome.

NerrSnerr Fri 12-May-17 13:13:58

People are utter dicks. I think they want the attention, but this is not the fucking way to go about it.

SleepWhatSleep1 Fri 12-May-17 13:20:27

I think I can sort of explain the attraction of posting those sort of threads if you really want to know?

Some people have a desperate need in them for attention and people to care for them and about them and fuss about them. And they probably don't get it in real life as people generally detect that kind of desperation and run a mile from them. They're the needy, clingy type who always want reassurance. Maybe create chaos to always be at the centre of.

And I suspect it stems from poor attachment in childhood, and where the only attention you got was when you were I'll or something dreadful had happened.

I've never started one of these threads myself, but I think I get it.

WhisperingLoudly Fri 12-May-17 13:20:29

I'm 8 years on. All I can conclude is they're sad empty shells who are desperate for attention.

They piss me off but I pity them, how tragic to have so little in your life that not only do you have to seek validation from strangers but that support is based on some fucked up story in your head.

SleepWhatSleep1 Fri 12-May-17 13:22:11

And the ones who do start them almost certainly don't see past their own need. Don't see that they are causing pain and hurt to real life people who have actually had that terrible loss. And that is unacceptable.

NeverTwerkNaked Fri 12-May-17 13:22:13

Well said MrsDV

flowers to you. And a plea to mumsnet to get a bit better vetting in place/be quicker to pull the obviously dodgy posts.

Soubriquet Fri 12-May-17 13:23:25

It's hard...

On one hand I think yes some people are sick who just seem to find amusement in anything.

On the other, I think some people are so desperate for some attention they will do whatever is necessary to get it. Even lying about a child dying. They don't see they are upsetting anyone else, in their mind, the attention means so much more.

I'm in no way excusing it at all, it is despicable but I don't think it's so cut and dry as we think

ohfourfoxache Fri 12-May-17 13:25:22

Agree wholeheartedly thanks

Hope you're ok MrsDV xx

CheeseandGherkins Fri 12-May-17 13:26:20

I totally agree and honestly don't understand how someone could do that either.

CheeseandGherkins Fri 12-May-17 13:28:46

Posted too soon, I worry people doubt me due to people like that. I only wish it were a lie.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now