Talk

Advanced search
Threads in this topic will auto-delete 30 days after the OP is posted.

Can i get this cyst removed on NHS??

(10 Posts)
Imstickingwiththisone Tue 09-May-17 21:01:21

I've got a cyst on the edge of my boob that's appeared in the last few weeks and is about 1 inch I'm size. It's purple but not sore unless it gets bashed. I'm worried about it becoming an abscess as I'm breastfeeding so the baby will no doubt keep punching it as soon as it becomes infected.

I have SO many appointments to go to at the moment, i really don't want to make another, where you're usually seen an hour late, if it's a straight forward 'no, come back if it turns into an abscess'.

Anyone had it removed before the inevitable??

user1471537877 Tue 09-May-17 21:08:12

You really should get any changes to your breast checked by a doctor

Whilst it could be perfectly innocent it could also be a number of things that need treating, some urgently

I totally get life is busy with a baby but if you don't take care of yourself and something is wrong you won't be much use to your family if it then requires more extensive treatment because you left it

Imstickingwiththisone Tue 09-May-17 21:14:05

Thanks I see what you're saying but it's definitely a cyst. It's more on the chest bone between my breasts that on the breast tissue. Plus i know its full of gunk as i squeezed a bit out (sorry!!!) when it was smaller but didn't get it all so i ballsed up a bit there.

LilQueenie Tue 09-May-17 21:22:22

Im more worried you are breast feeding with a cyst that has gunk in it. See your doctor asap.

Imstickingwiththisone Tue 09-May-17 21:30:39

The cyst is on my skin mainly between my breasts and not in any milk ducts.

But yes I'll make an appointment.

user1471537877 Wed 10-May-17 08:20:11

When I was still working we did remove cysts on a lumps and bumps local list in theatre

You just need to get it checked because you're breast feeding

it could be an abscess or a cyst but someone medically trained needs to make that assessment for your health and your baby

Dairymilkmuncher Wed 10-May-17 16:37:10

Hot steamy shower burst my breast cyst and a whole heap of stuff came out, loads more than I expected from the size of it and left a hole and a bloody scar! The chemist wouldn't give any proper dressings or creams for it and said I had to see a gp which I couldn't be bothered with so got a phone appointment and anti biotics. Please get it checked and make time for yourself.

Imstickingwiththisone Wed 10-May-17 18:45:09

Thank you both. I fully intended to make an appt today but forgot and tonight it's started to get sore! Not that I would've seen anyone today had I remembered to call but still. At least there will likely be a painful reminder in the morning.

MissEDashwood Fri 12-May-17 04:29:52

Try putting bepanthen or sudacrem on it, might burst of its own accord.

MissEDashwood Fri 12-May-17 10:33:45

Thinking of that you may want some gauze on it so it doesn't pop in DC's hand. That would be yummy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now