Talk

Advanced search
Threads in this topic will auto-delete 30 days after the OP is posted.

Anyone recognise this 3 day old rash?

(7 Posts)
WhatColourIsBest Tue 09-May-17 06:50:45

Am guessing it's probably viral as it's lasted 3 days now. It's fades slightly compared to yesterday. Somehow being in the warm sun seemed to bring the rash out a bit more prominently (possibly a coincidence).

I've been ill for a month with sinus infection 3 weeks ago treated with antibiotics, then more recently a sore throat.

I've had a low-grade temperature, no higher than 37.9, usually around 37.6, and headaches, both of which have been off and on throughout the entire month. I've also had extremely heavy, achy, limbs consistently for a whole month, though I do have MS so it could be that playing up because I'm fighting infection.

Then sunday I developed the rash which I still have today. It's mildly itchy and the only pace it isn't is located is on my face! It's as visible everywhere but just a weaker shade of pink now.

Does it sound viral? There's no blisters so it can't be chicken pox!

WhatColourIsBest Tue 09-May-17 06:58:23

I should also say the reason I ask is because I could do with knowing if I'm contagious and therefore need to stay away from medically vulnerable people.

AntsMarching Tue 09-May-17 07:04:40

It looks a lot like when I had scarlet fever. I had the rash all over except for my face. The symptoms sound the same as well. You should go to the gp. I was given antibiotics and it really helped my throat - was so sore it felt like I was swallowing glass. I actually stopped swallowing and started spitting into a cup the pain was so bad.

WhatColourIsBest Tue 09-May-17 07:08:33

The sore throat has gone by itself

WhatColourIsBest Tue 09-May-17 07:52:53

This is how it looks today

WhatColourIsBest Tue 09-May-17 07:54:30

And this

user1471504210 Sat 13-May-17 00:40:50

Google Guttate Psoriasis. Can be brought on through a throat infection. Possibly that?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now