Threads in this topic will auto-delete 30 days after the OP is posted.

Inspiring friend

(4 Posts)
MrsExpo Thu 20-Apr-17 21:12:49

Yesterday, I met up with an old friend I haven't seen for 35 years (!!) She was my best friend for years during our childhood, school years and early adulthood. We did everything together and were as close as sisters.

She looked great (we're now both 63) and seems to have a great life. She married a guy she met at school. He started a business during the early years of their marriage which has been hugely successful and they now have a beautiful home, are very comfortable financially and have a great life on the face of it. But a couple of years ago she had a radical mastectomy and is now about to go through a 6 month reconstruction surgery process.

If it were me, I'm sure I'd be a wreck ..... but she's so totally OK about it all. Self assured, confident, assured, serene even ..... I'm just so humbled and inspired by her example and have no idea where she gets her inner calmness, strength and balance.

So, just wanted to say how inspired I am by this amazing and strong woman, how her example is giving me strength to address my own (relatively minor!!) life issues and how priveledged I feel to have her as a friend.

Just wanted to get that out there. Thank you for reading.

AnneOfCleavage Thu 20-Apr-17 21:26:58

I enjoyed reading your post and thought what a lovely thing for you to share smile so wanted to post rather than read and run smile I am glad your friend is doing so well and it seems she has given you the strength to feel likewise. You were obviously meant to meet up!!

Patriciathestripper1 Thu 20-Apr-17 21:28:52

What s positive postgor a change give my best yo your brace freind flowerswine

Patriciathestripper1 Thu 20-Apr-17 21:30:05

What a positive post for a change! Give my best to your brave freind flowerswine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now