Threads in this topic will auto-delete 30 days after the OP is posted.

Oh crap it was my turn to totally embarrass myself

(13 Posts)
Gileswithachainsaw Thu 20-Apr-17 16:30:53

I may have accidentally called my Dds maths tutor darling.

I momentarily forgot where I was and what I was doing and greeted him how I greet my regulars at work...in fact I think he's one of my sporadic customers at work and I potentially may have already called him sweetie before I twigged who it was blush

Crap

Please tell me how I face him again

Floggingmolly Thu 20-Apr-17 16:32:26

Does he know who you are? grin

SapphireStrange Thu 20-Apr-17 16:37:23

Are you Patsy from Ab Fab? grin

I think darling is fine. DISCLAIMER I used to work in the London meedja/creative scene.

Gileswithachainsaw Thu 20-Apr-17 16:37:38

I have no idea if he recognised me from work. I'm waiting for him to come in again. Iits one of those situations where you don't recognise people out of their clothes blush

SapphireStrange Thu 20-Apr-17 16:40:23

Iits one of those situations where you don't recognise people out of their clothes

OK, you need to elaborate...

Gileswithachainsaw Thu 20-Apr-17 16:41:42

You know, when you are used to see if people dresses a certain way and you don't recognise use them when they are in jeans and a t shirt blush

SapphireStrange Thu 20-Apr-17 16:43:34

I see. Out of their usual clothes rather than out of their clothes per se. grin

I know exactly what you mean. It's context. As a kid I never used to recognise my teachers if my parents and I passed them shopping in town. And I have blanked my doctor and my optician more than once because if they're not sitting behind a GP desk or brandishing a lens and going 'Clearer with 1 or 2?', I just don't realise who they are.

Gileswithachainsaw Thu 20-Apr-17 16:48:19

That's exactly it grin

Do you think he notices?

I'll probably die of shame if he comes into work cos he's bound to catch me at "that" moment. The one where you are being a bit inappropriately with your colleagues... and I'll never be able to look at him again

Gileswithachainsaw Thu 20-Apr-17 16:49:15

If I call him sir or Mr X next week he's going to think I'm weird right? Best own it and carry on?

SapphireStrange Thu 20-Apr-17 16:50:45

Own it, absolutely.

FlaviaAlbia Thu 20-Apr-17 16:51:07

It's ok, from now on call everyone darling in front of him and he'll think it's a charming quirk well its worth a try grin

Boooooom Thu 20-Apr-17 16:52:16

Out of their clothes!!!
I'm in stitches!!
grin

Gileswithachainsaw Thu 20-Apr-17 16:55:58

Maybe I'll turn up next week in my leggings and work t shirt see if the penny drops for him.

And then hope I don't embarrass myself further. My brain goes to strange places then I panic im.going to say or so something embarrassing so I'm usually so busy trying to not put my foot in my mouth I end up saying something a million times worse .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now