Talk

Advanced search
Threads in this topic will auto-delete 30 days after the OP is posted.

Unplanned pregnancy

(4 Posts)
obiwan22 Wed 19-Apr-17 20:49:54

I have just found out today I am pregnant, totally unplanned but also stupidity from both myself and partner with contraception. We already have one child and he also has two from a previous relationship. Neither of us really wanted anymore children, and we have spoken tonight about it, he straight away wants me to abort, no second thoughts about it. I'm not in a place in my life right now where I'd want or could cope well with another child but the thought of having an abortion fills me with dread. It's also bringing back bad memories from my first pregnancy (also unplanned) as my partner did not want me to keep the baby then. I ended up having an awfully stressful and unpleasant pregnancy because of it. I've said I don't want a baby right now but that I'd have to think for a bit to be sure I make the right decision but How do you decide what to do for the best?

Charlie97 Wed 19-Apr-17 21:09:27

You may be better posting in pregnancy choices, lots of experience over there.

Whatever you choose, be kind to yourself. Decisions like this are tough, you need to decide what's best for you.

No (decent) person will judge you either way!

flowersflowers

NutCase82 Wed 19-Apr-17 21:14:43

I think by the time the appointment comes around, you will know what you want to do 💐

ColdCottage Sun 23-Apr-17 20:37:29

First of all you are still in shock, it's a lot to take in even if you are trying for a baby imo.

Do you have any friends whose opinions you value who you think will give you the support you need, who will listen and let you talk it through and work out for yourself what you want?

If not can you book a appointment with your GP who might be able to suggest some local support? If not do you have a good relationship with your health visitors? They are usually good listeners and are used to speaking to people with young children and understand their pressures. I know some don't have the best rep but some are amazing.

If you look online for advice please check that the group you are going to call has a good reputation and aren't pro life so therefore are not going to be the unbiased support you need.

As pp said, be kind to yourself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now