Talk

Advanced search
Threads in this topic will auto-delete 30 days after the OP is posted.

so very very tired

(5 Posts)
mylittlephoney Wed 19-Apr-17 09:51:45

I've put this in 30 days as I want it to disappear. I'm not in a good place at the moment.I guess I just wanted to write it down. My Ds is waiting for paediatric assesment for Asd. He is exhausting. Bouncing off the walls exhausting. He has a very short temper and can lash out if you look at him wrongly . He is possibly going to be given half days at school as they struggle to cope. And the thought is making me panic. This holiday has been a struggle from end to end. i thought i had friends to turn to but they've turned their back on me. I know their kids are scared of Ds and I try so hard to contain the damage he trails in his wake. But I'm so tired. I don't know how to go on. I have No one to turn to. Dh is going through this too but he doesn't have to deal with half the crap I do. He floats through life Letting me pick up after them both.
I have only just got my life back on track through MH issues and have kept down a part time job I love for a year now. I feel suffocated and like I'm drowning.
So mumsnetters. I'm not expecting replies. Or help. I just needed to vent. I can't be arsed to name change as I'm not a prolific poster. Sorry for such a long rant. I have No one else to talk to.
Hope your days are going better than mine.

Badders123 Wed 19-Apr-17 10:33:55

Sorry to hear that
I would suggest you post this on the sn board - you will get lots more advice from very knowledgable people

CountessYgritte Wed 19-Apr-17 10:50:57

Please come over to the SN board. Most of us have felt as you do. Some of us still do.

People over there don't judge and are very helpful. I would fight your son going half days. It isn't the answer. Come over to SN and we can help you.

mylittlephoney Wed 19-Apr-17 12:31:26

Thank you I will

Catgotyourbrain Wed 19-Apr-17 12:42:18

Yes and also look up your local authority 'local offer' - this is a hub of help for parents of disabled children and includes drop in sessions and advice on getting whatever financial or practical help you can. They will also help you get Disability Living Allowance - which in turn will allow you to pay for some respite. You don't need a diagnosis to get DLA.

Also school needs to step up their help. Do call Cerebra - they are a charity for non physical Disabilities and have a helpline- they can advise on your rights but I can tell you that schools really need a good reason to admit defeat and say they can't deal with a child in school - and you can vote the disability discrimination acts on that too. Think about what you'd say if he want mobile and they said they couldn't have him in the whole day! They have a responsibility to provide education.

Unfortunately our situation we have to learntto shout for help, and knowing your sins's rights to services is key.

. DS1 has ADHD and before he was diagnosed in reception the school he was in started asking me to pick him up for lunchtime: looking back I think this was really bad practice and should have rung massive alarm bells. We ended up moving school and didn't get a diagnosis for years afterwards - they should have helped more.

Change your username and make one 'just' for the Sen boards and join us there if you want more targeted advice.

Many wise women over there - especially @poltergoose

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now