Talk

Advanced search
Threads in this topic will auto-delete 30 days after the OP is posted.

Any docrors/ health visitors/ gym instructors/mums?!

(9 Posts)
Screamifuwant2gofaster Wed 19-Apr-17 04:46:46

I'm currently almost 12 weeks pregnant. I was healthy before pregnancy but not really doing much exercise at that time (swam/walked 30 mins 2/3 times a week max). Over the years I've done many long walks/ my body is used to exercisin for long periods.
I'm currently part way through a 3 day sponsored walking event. In total I'll be walking just over 30 miles over 3 days (all at a fairly slow speed with multiple breaks).
Yesterday we covered 15 miles.
Am I stupid to carry on? At no point yesterday was I breathless or unable to chat while walking. Last night I was very achey and tired but generally ok.
I'm not sure why I wasn't worried before-it's only now I'm doing it I'm starting to worry-am I increasing my chances of miscarriage?
This is a totally normal pregnancy so far. I'm a healthy weight. No other health issues.
I'm drinking lots of water as I walk.
No one on the walk knows I'm pregnant.
I don't really want to drop out (its a sponsored event and I'm part of a team) but am feeling a bit worried at the moment.
There's lots of information on line saying exercise is great providing you were doing it before you got pregnant. That's the bit that worries me. I knew I was capable of this-have walked similar distances over the years but wasn't doing much in year before pregnancy (maxi 30 mins 5 times a week).
We aren't walking fast though.
Was this a stupid idea?
Thanks everyone!

Screamifuwant2gofaster Wed 19-Apr-17 07:44:51

Anyone?

Maggy74653 Wed 19-Apr-17 07:48:17

I'm not any of those you listed above but I am 37 weeks pregnant. Personally I would advice you to listen to your body. If you don't feel comfortable, don't feel Like you can do it or something just isn't quite right then I would stop. However from what you have described it sounds like you are doing ok at the moment. X

Ginorchoc Wed 19-Apr-17 07:51:54

I exercised when pregnant and medical advise was if you're used to it it's fine and healthy to do, and as other poster says listen to your body. X

InfiniteSheldon Wed 19-Apr-17 07:52:35

It will probably be fine but your body is already working really hard growing your baby only you can know if this extra is too much.

RedBugMug Wed 19-Apr-17 07:56:41

should be fine. 10 miles a day is not that much.
as others say, you know your body best, if you feel like you can't continue you need to stop. stay hydrated and take oppotunities to put your legs up during breaks.

FurryTurnip Wed 19-Apr-17 07:59:26

You'll be fine I'm sure, maybe a bit more knackered than anyone else in the group but as long as you feel ok keep going! Good luck, enjoy the walk!

Screamifuwant2gofaster Wed 19-Apr-17 08:03:57

I'm going to try to continue. Will keep drinking lots and put my feet up when we stop. Today is a much easier day than yesterday so I'll try to relax!

WildCherryBlossom Wed 19-Apr-17 08:06:13

I think that sounds fine. Walking is fairly low impact. Probably good for you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now