Talk

Advanced search
Threads in this topic will auto-delete 30 days after the OP is posted.

Who else have got their children ready for school but it's an inset day?

(9 Posts)
Racheyg Tue 18-Apr-17 08:05:07

Oh dear. Got ds1 ready for pre school. All geared up and ready and then get there and realise it's an inset day blush

StickyProblem Tue 18-Apr-17 09:30:55

Not this year.. but done it twice before! On the bright side, if you did him a packed lunch you don't have to make him a "proper" one!

yecartmannew Tue 18-Apr-17 09:39:11

I did it once when mine were in primary.
Worse though one year we missed the first day back because I thought there was an inset when there wasn't

Notso Tue 18-Apr-17 09:47:14

I've done that before. Rushed to get ready, turned up at school and then to top it all off locked us out. I had to climb over next doors gate to get in, got my favourite top covered in anti vandal paint, the kids were crying and it was pissing down.

This morning DD 17 was pissed off she is working today so told the two youngest 6 and 5 it was the first day back hmm

Willow2017 Tue 18-Apr-17 10:16:19

Have done that when both mine were in primary! But I was relieved to see I wasnt the only parent there we were all laughing at ourselves.

I have also thought it was an inset day and it wasnt, got a phone call from school to ask where they were! They had changed the bloody day and I hadnt realised.

CatsDogsandDC Tue 18-Apr-17 11:03:49

Nearly! I looked on my DS college website last night to check term dates because I wanted to plan to go away at October half term and realised he does not have to be back at college until Wednesday. He was pretty happy at the news!

Racheyg Tue 18-Apr-17 14:05:38

I think the teachers found it funny. I even put the dates on the Calendar at home. Note to self must check calendar grin

TeenAndTween Thu 20-Apr-17 14:42:41

I've not done that.
But one year we were half way on our walk to school with the bottle contribution for non uniform day, and I was carrying a large box to collect things in as I was on the PTA
when
I realised DD was wearing uniform.smile

halcyondays Tue 25-Apr-17 12:38:16

We did this once, never again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now