Talk

Advanced search
Threads in this topic will auto-delete 30 days after the OP is posted.

Clare's Law

(6 Posts)
Bookwormy Sun 16-Apr-17 17:04:03

Has anyone used this to find out the past of OH?

If there's no violence in current relationship but there was in a previous one, is this done discreetly, as in OH won't find out?

Thanks in advance.

Policom123 Sun 16-Apr-17 18:12:08

I will be goggle Clare's law in a minute! But I did a DBS on husband, same as the previous one he has, and once I called the police because he was pestering and threatened violence ( I called 101, no 999) and with his DOB the police was at my house in a hour, he was telling that police doesn't answer domestic disturbance and that the police will not be bother with my call, he was surprised when they knock at door! I told him that because of his violent past the police might be more aware of his future actions.

Bookwormy Sun 16-Apr-17 21:32:19

Hi, thanks.
He has a conviction of assault and battery. Told me it was a one off and he was provoked by his exW.

Found out 18months later this was not a one off (text off an angry relative) but I only get woolly answers whenever I've asked, nothing clear that I can process.

tadpole73 Sun 16-Apr-17 21:40:04

Steer clear. If a woman reports something it's usually after having endured it several times before. I think the average is 24 times before a woman calls the Police. These men never change, fundamentally they love the control.

Bookwormy Sun 16-Apr-17 21:55:54

Thanks tadpole.

24 times? God, really?

I'm not up to speed with any of this stuff. Assault and battery is what really? Sounds more serious than just a few marks on face....

I do know from this relative they both were like it, but that doesn't really cut it with me. When you're answered with "can't remember" or half answers you start to make it up yourself anyway.

Pooppants Sun 16-Apr-17 22:04:27

I agree with tapgole . Is true, women is strong until a point!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now