Talk

Advanced search
Threads in this topic will auto-delete 30 days after the OP is posted.

What are you doing

(97 Posts)
firsttimemum15 Sun 16-Apr-17 11:08:32

I always love these threads it feels like a glimpse into other peoples lives and they always sound perfect.

So what are you up to. Nothing particularly Eastery here or family orientated which is a shame. Ive had a cafitiere of coffee. Chilling with my young daughter. Not dressed yet. She is now asleep on me and I am watching last nihhts Casualty. Ive lit a candke though because i can and it feels a bit decadent.

Happy Easter

Sparklingbrook Sun 16-Apr-17 11:09:34

Lying in bed eating toast, drinking coffee and watching Sunday Brunch. Bliss.

firsttimemum15 Sun 16-Apr-17 11:10:44

Sounds lush

Sparklingbrook Sun 16-Apr-17 11:12:28

I do have plans to get up and do stuff eventually. DS2 came back from a residential trip and there's a suitcase that needs looking in. Bleurgh.
Also some gardening but it looks like it's going to rain now.

kingscrossnoodle Sun 16-Apr-17 11:14:07

Also lying in bed but sadly no toast. Also no TV.

Small child work me early so I have come back for a nap

MargotMoon Sun 16-Apr-17 11:14:54

No kids today, just had sex lovely lie in with DP. He is asleep on my lap and I am MNing grin

Chasingsquirrels Sun 16-Apr-17 11:16:06

Not up yet.
Browsing MN in between bouts of feeling sorry for myself and crying.
Going to friends for lunch.
Kids back from their dad's this evening.

firsttimemum15 Sun 16-Apr-17 11:16:21

Too much info Margot? 😂

Oreocrumbs Sun 16-Apr-17 11:17:23

We stayed at mums last night. Currently sat in her kitchen while she makes the roast lamb dinner. I have had 2 glasses of fizz and half an Easter egg.

I'm just opening the red to breathe.

My child was last seen with an Easter egg and a DVD in the other room. I should probably check that she isn't in a sugar coma.

My plans for the rest of the day revolve entirely around eating the lamb and stinging the wine.

overwroughtowl Sun 16-Apr-17 11:17:44

Pjs, drinking coffee with MN. Dc watching netflix, not dressed yet either.

Making dinner later for my parents who are just back from holidays late last night, will get motivated at some stage.

Sparklingbrook Sun 16-Apr-17 11:17:57

Are you ok squirrels?

DurhamDurham Sun 16-Apr-17 11:20:08

Still in bed drinking coffee blush

We prepped the lamb and veg late last night so it's all in hand. Got both our daughters (23,19) coming over for the roast later and then I'm hoping to convince them to go and see Beaty and the Beast with me......I've invited my husband but he's a definite no!

Chasingsquirrels Sun 16-Apr-17 11:20:24

Thanks for asking Sparklingbrook.
On and off, at the moment no, but in the longer term - I know I will be.

HeyMicky Sun 16-Apr-17 11:22:12

We're on a ski holiday in Norway. Lovely morning until DD1 got cross and kicked me and so now we're doing time out in the cabin while DH and DD2 drink hot chocolate in the cafeangry

BarchesterFlowers Sun 16-Apr-17 11:22:39

We are gardening in the rain, followed by a roast lunch and baking an Easter cake of some sort, bit of housework, laundry.

We don't have any family meet up plans because we were all meant to be going away but we didn't because DD was ill.

Very relaxing, maybe not for DH who is pounding fence posts so that we can stop our hens eating all our vegetables!

wobblywonderwoman Sun 16-Apr-17 11:24:38

Dh has gone to church. I am ironing and preparing dinner for later. Then will get a shower and do my tan.

DC are playing and we have a small egg hunt prepared for them later.

heavenlypink Sun 16-Apr-17 11:24:59

Been up since since 7:39 listening to Radio 4. Had breakfast but need to get motivated and tidy up

Sparklingbrook Sun 16-Apr-17 11:25:12

Sending you a virtual hug Squirrels. flowers

firsttimemum15 Sun 16-Apr-17 11:26:35

See you all have your ups and downs but all sounds lovely particularly the poster who has drank fizz and is gonna have a roast.

Easter seems like christmas in some respects time to spend with famalam and eat and dronk but my other half is working. No family arou d and he has poo pood my idea of a roast

LadyMonicaBaddingham Sun 16-Apr-17 11:27:41

Trying to motivate myself to pack for taking the DC to my folks' tomorrow. Currently unsuccessfully.

NameSame Sun 16-Apr-17 11:29:11

Laundry. What joy. Had chocolate for breakfast and DP got croissants.
I'm shattered. Contemplating a pre roast nap.

chasing sending hugs. I hope all is ok ish! flowers

Iwanttoseethesea Sun 16-Apr-17 11:32:12

Organising an egg hunt for 4 teenagers then having big family lunch.
Currently cleaning glasses for homemade vodka cocktails later

kmmr Sun 16-Apr-17 11:35:04

I'm in Australia and just home after a lovely day. Went to a lunch where we all brought curry or bread etc. Non traditional easter, but it was really nice.

Kids were amazing. All so good and playing in the garden. My toddler is the smallest and they were all so lovely to him. I found out my last chance IVF to give him a sibling failed this week, so it was bittersweet. I just need to make sure these friends become his virtual brothers and sisters, and find a way to be happy with it myself.

The older girls arranged an easter egg hunt, and it blew my little boys mind! He couldn't stop talking about the chocolate eggs in the garden!!

Now I'm watching TV, and hubby is sleeping so he can get up and watch the Liverpool game at 10.30pm. Contemplating more chocolate...

MrsGsnow18 Sun 16-Apr-17 11:37:56

I had great intentions this morning, mopped the kitchen floor whilst making my toast. Put a wash on and then carried my ironing board and ironing into living room thinking i'd be a bit lazy and sit on sofa ironing.... ironing board is still beside me but instead of ironing I'm lying on sofa wrapped in a blanket on MN tbusmile

UnbornMortificado Sun 16-Apr-17 11:42:07

Spending the day lazing about (although I should be tackling my washing pile) then the whole family are going to my mam's for tea.

I've not long had surgery and coupled with a difficult pregnancy I'm still a bit under the weather.

flowers for anyone struggling today.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now