Talk

Advanced search
Threads in this topic will auto-delete 30 days after the OP is posted.

My grandad

(8 Posts)
user24688 Sat 15-Apr-17 08:02:21

.....Is in the hospital he's being treated for something but is going to be there for another week sad but he will be ok that's the main thing!
Just wanting some advice I'm going to see him this weekend and not sure what to take in for him maybe to try and him smile as it's not nice for anyone to be away from home and he's away from my lovely nan and they spent 60 years together !!!!
he's also very diabetic so can't take him treats xx
Thanks in advance

5BlueHydrangea Sat 15-Apr-17 08:27:49

Hand cream is always appreciated I find. Does he like puzzles or anything? Very boring in hospital. Playing cards? Depends how unwell he is and what sort of things he likes really..

floraeasy Sat 15-Apr-17 08:30:38

I hope your grandad gets out soon flowers

Well, you could check with your nan what you think he'd like you to take. I bet he's like to see your nan more than anything else. Is there anyone to take her in to see him?

HerOtherHalf Sat 15-Apr-17 08:32:38

Is he capable with technology? If they have wifi in the hospital you could get him a cheap tablet. Amazon have the 7" fire tab on offer just now for £35. He could browse the web, read ebooks or watch tv/films on it.

user24688 Sat 15-Apr-17 08:37:12

He's he's functional and loves puzzles and magic stuff I wanted to take my little one in to see him but I don't want to upset anyone,
He's going to be okay they are draining whatever was causing all the horribleness so thank goodness.
He's seeing my nan everyday too
Thanks everyone

booellesmum Sat 15-Apr-17 08:38:04

Hope he's OK soon.
? Newspaper, magazine, readers digest, puzzle books.
Card for the TV by the bed if there is one.
Snacks that don't need refrigerator- mini cheddars/ crackers / crisps / brioche rolls.

booellesmum Sat 15-Apr-17 08:39:35

I would ask first if your lo is allowed in.
Our local hospital has a no under 12s policy.

AstrantiaMajor Sat 15-Apr-17 08:39:46

Maybe some travel pack games. Connect 4, cards, dominoes, battleships. Visiting can be a bit boring when you run out of things to say, so playing games with him might help. I would also take a full size pack of cards so that he can amuse himself with them or even find someone on the ward for a game.

My stepfather was in hospital for 5 months and said the cards were a great ice breaker with other patients.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now