Talk

Advanced search
Threads in this topic will auto-delete 30 days after the OP is posted.

I have an overwhelming feeling that I'm going to die tomorrow.

(12 Posts)
maybetheday Fri 14-Apr-17 16:17:23

I have no prior health complaints but have been going through an awful emotional time lately. I just have an overwhelming feeling that tomorrow is the day I will die.

I always had a feeling that another date was somehow significant to me. I thought it for years and was always somewhat wary of that date. And on that date this year my marriage broke down. The significance of the date didn't even occur to me until a month or so after.

I'm not normally superstitious or like this at all. But I'm freaking myself out about tomorrow now. All week I've been thinking something is going to happen on Saturday and now that it's just one day away I think it might be my own death.

I know I sound crazy. Like I say, I don't normally have thoughts or feelings like this. It's very odd and unsettling. Has anyone else experienced something like this and, most importantly, lived to come here and post about it?

YogaAndRum Fri 14-Apr-17 16:21:25

I stopped riding my bike last year because I had a really strong feeling one day: 'the next time you ride that bike you'll die'.

DP keeps bitching at me to get back on it because it cost just under a grand, but nope <grim reaper emoji>

WallisFrizz Fri 14-Apr-17 16:22:15

You're not going to die, I promise.

HecateAntaia Fri 14-Apr-17 16:22:35

i have.
it can be stress or anxiety.
given you mention your emotional problems id have to say it's that rather than a premonition.
it'll be fine thanks

TJDetweiler Fri 14-Apr-17 16:23:17

I once had a really, really bad feeling about going on a particular ride. Nothing bad happened. You'll be fine OP, it's just a thought gotten out of control.

Download the headspace app and do one of the ten minutes if the worrying gets bad.

TJDetweiler Fri 14-Apr-17 16:25:15

Also, OP you'd better update us on Sunday grin

OhBlissOhJoy Fri 14-Apr-17 16:28:15

I had a really bad feeling about a ride once. After queuing for an hour when I got to the front of the queue I got on and walked straight off the other side. The ride broke down half way round and everyone was stuck on it for 20 minutes.
Am sure you will be fine tomorrow though OP. Can you spend the day with people that will be kind to you?

BlueChairs Fri 14-Apr-17 16:30:17

I can't go on a particular colour of rollercoaster because I swear I'll die if i do. Big or small Dora's to matter- just the colour.

Room101isWhereIUsedToLive Fri 14-Apr-17 16:33:53

I had this feeling yesterday. I got on the wrong bus on the way home from work. A big double decker and the route it takes is very hilly. But I am here alive and well. I also used to think that I would be dead by the age of nineteen, a feeling brought on by walking past a gravestone every day that had my first name on and the age she had died was nineteen. Still here many years later.
So it is much more likely that it is anxiety you are feeling and not anything to do with dying.
I'm really sure that you will be fine.

maybetheday Fri 14-Apr-17 16:37:49

Ok, this is good. Logic! Of course it's anxiety. It's so blindingly obvious but I couldn't see that when I first posted. At least I couldn't see that it was anxiety causing me to feel this rather than this feeling causing me anxiety.

I have the headspace app but haven't got around to using it yet. Today might be a good day to start!

WallisFrizz Fri 14-Apr-17 16:48:00

I actually get it. There is a light switch in my house when every time I press it, I get a vision of an explosion, like a premonition. It's random and not possible but it happens every time.

SpuriouserAndSpuriouser Fri 14-Apr-17 16:57:50

I agree that it's the anxiety causing the "premonition", not the other way around. I went through a very anxious period a few years ago and I had this horrible feeling that something terrible was about to happen. I couldn't understand why no one else was worried. The anxiety passed after a month of two, the feeling went, and nothing terrible ever happened. Take care of yourself OP, the headspace app is a great place to start flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now