Talk

Advanced search
Threads in this topic will auto-delete 30 days after the OP is posted.

Viber Snapchat messenger

(8 Posts)
thiscannotbewhatithinkitis Thu 13-Apr-17 21:05:21

I've found out my husband has downloaded these apps & they are now deleted. He says he doesn't remember downloading them but may have done it if someone at work mentioned them. He was really defensive but now has gone quiet. Why would he use these? I've not used them so no idea how they work.

LucieLucie Thu 13-Apr-17 22:04:16

Does he have an android phone? I believe it's snap chap designed for android very similar with disappearing messages

thiscannotbewhatithinkitis Thu 13-Apr-17 22:07:01

No he has an iPhone. We use whatsapp or text. I've never used these other apps or gears or viber before tonight .

thiscannotbewhatithinkitis Thu 13-Apr-17 22:07:21

Or heard off

Groovee Fri 14-Apr-17 08:14:25

Maybe he wanted to connect with friends or colleagues who have them. I use both apps for friends. DH has Viber.

thiscannotbewhatithinkitis Fri 14-Apr-17 08:33:46

Thank you for your answers. I think I was worried as they'd been deleted & he denied knowing what they were or using them. Thanks again.

MrsEvadneCake Fri 14-Apr-17 08:47:07

Viber is messaging and calls like whatsapp. They stay until up delete.

Snapchat is instant and vanishes.

shitgibbon Fri 14-Apr-17 16:08:50

These are just messaging apps. Messenger is connected to Facebook so if he's on Facebook or has friends who are on Facebook, it's just the private message function of that website. You need to have it to read Facebook private messages now. Viber is for sending text messages free over wifi. Snapchat is messaging with silly photos.

None of these are apps I'd be suspicious of. Everyone uses different ways of keeping in touch so it's not unreasonable that he'd have some friends who want to message on Messenger, some on Viber, some on iMessage etc.

Also, I've downloaded loads of apps myself just to have a look at them then deleted them after downloading them. Snapchat for example I downloaded to see what all the fuss was about then deleted it because it's photo-based messaging and I'm not a big picture taker. Viber I use for talking cheaply with people who are abroad. Messenger I use constantly to chat with colleagues through the day as it's easier than email.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now