Talk

Advanced search
Threads in this topic will auto-delete 30 days after the OP is posted.

How to get rid of false widow spider (photo included)?

(12 Posts)
Lovemusic33 Thu 13-Apr-17 19:34:20

Seems I have what looks like a false widow living in my living room, sorry the photos not very clear but he does have the skul markings.

He's hiding in a gap around my door frame, I'm not a fan of spiders so I don't want to poke him to make him come out (to catch him), if I suck him up the hoover is he likely to climb back out?

HopeAndJoy16 Thu 13-Apr-17 19:45:41

If I have to deal with a spider I hoover them then stuff newspaper down the nozzle! I don't know if they can survive being hoovered? But it makes me feel better!

Lovemusic33 Thu 13-Apr-17 19:55:53

Good idea, I'm off on holiday tomorrow so if I Hoover him up and then stuff paper in the hoover hopefully he will stay in there or die before I get home.

JamesDelaneysHat Thu 13-Apr-17 19:58:35

Can't you put a glass over it, slide card under then put outside?

TheoriginalLEM Thu 13-Apr-17 20:00:32

err leave it alone and it will go on itsmerry way stay and keep the flies away

TooStressyForMyOwnGood Thu 13-Apr-17 20:02:28

Sorry not much help now but for the future you can get battery operated spider catcher things that suck them up and then you put them outside. The suction is not always strong enough to get them but usually is.

MsAtomicBomb Thu 13-Apr-17 20:06:34

I read that if you Hoover a spider up and then leave the hoover turned on for a few minutes then the spider will suffocate. I always hoover them up 😳

Lucky11111 Thu 13-Apr-17 20:09:13

Yuck

One of my relatives had a bite from one of those on his calf. It put him in hosp for 3 days on iv antibiotics.

If I were you, I'd get a bowl of gravel or rough stones ready, suck the spider up the hoover and then follow with a cupful of gravel.

Makes me shudder!!!

Lovemusic33 Thu 13-Apr-17 20:11:58

I can't put a glass over it, it's hiding in a gap around the door frame.

I will Hoover it up in the morning and change the bag in the hoover afterwards (hopefully it won't crawl out and bite me).

LorraLorraLlama Thu 13-Apr-17 20:14:04

Yes. Hoover the spider then keep the hoover running. Hoover a few rooms. This surely must limit much chance of survival. Then either empty or stuff paper as above.

Lovemusic33 Thu 13-Apr-17 20:36:17

Hoovered him/her up, hoovered the living room and stuffed paper in the end so it can't get out wink.

TooStressyForMyOwnGood Thu 13-Apr-17 20:56:54

Woo hoo, well done OP!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now