Talk

Advanced search
Threads in this topic will auto-delete 30 days after the OP is posted.

Has anybody looked up their 1st love online?

(8 Posts)
RTKangaMummy Mon 10-Apr-17 17:30:32

Cos yesterday I found a (24 year old) letter from a friend (Ethel) that I was introduced to by my ex boyfriend, Frank smilesmilesmile

I became great friends with Ethel's whole family This was in USA where I was working at the time

Anyway, I sent Ethel a message and found online all of her children that have now grown up, so it was lovely to see how they had all matured into great adults etc etc smilesmilesmilesmile

So then I thought I would look for Frank, my ex boyfriend (we broke up on very friendly terms) he had to move abroad for work so we drifted apart but was still friendly just the distance didn't work out for us

So anyway I found Frank and he still looked the same BUT HE WAS OLDER - grey tight curly hair rather than the black curls !!!!!!! *
It is sooooo stupid cos I last saw him 28 years ago and I now have some grey hair (that I quite like actually it is sort of silver grey) and I look loads older than I did then too but for some weird reason I thought he had been in a time capsule

I was so pleased to see photos of Frank with his grandchildren and to see him happy but so stupid to have not realised he would have aged in last 28 years, just like I have!!!!!!

I told my lovely husband all about his while I was doing it, he knew Ethel, and her family already from our visits to their home.

I am very glad I did look him up though smilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmile

Names have been changed, just in case you hadn't guessed grin

What was it like looking up your 1st love online?

Did you contact them?

If so, what happened?

Have they ever contacted you?

smilesmilesmile

zukiecat Tue 11-Apr-17 10:42:30

Yes, not exactly looked up but my first boyfriend died young (not when we were together)

I'm in a Facebook group that honours his memory by sharing pics and stories

sad

8misskitty8 Tue 11-Apr-17 19:23:18

Guy I dated before Dh was totally gorgeous, over 6 foot tall, dark haired, muscular the works. We broke up when he cheated on me. Felt crap for months after before meeting now Dh 6mths later.

I knew about 15 years ago he got married as my friend told me as his family lived near her.

Looked him up a few years later and he was divorced, bald, fat and no longer handsome. He then got married again, new wife and I had mutual friends in common on Facebook. He cheated on her and she plastered it all over Facebook. So 2nd divorce for him.

Platimum Tue 11-Apr-17 19:27:51

hmm, my first bf was gay. Not that motivated to look him up. I believe he is still out there.

Platimum Tue 11-Apr-17 19:28:32

Unfortunately, second boyfriend who I would like to look up has such a bloody boring name that I can't look up him up!

FreeNiki Thu 13-Apr-17 17:43:24

Yes. He was an arrogant condescending twat.

He has done nothing with his life and in a dead end job and hasn't even used his precious degree. Fuck I laughed.

Scabetty Thu 13-Apr-17 17:48:16

Yes looked up my first love last year. He died of lung cancer the year before which is sad as he was still a relatively young man.

TimTamTerrier Thu 13-Apr-17 17:51:58

I've been trying to look up an ex boyfriend for about a decade, every couple of years I have another go, but I can't find him. There is an American author with the same name so about 90% of the Google results are him, of the other results they are either not the right age or there is not enough information to be able to establish whether it's him. He was very interesting, and was either destined to have a fascinating life or totally miss his potential and have a very dull, underachieving life.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now