Talk

Advanced search

Do you have a set of weights at home? Where did you buy them? Recommendations please!

(7 Posts)
MythicalBiologicalFennel Wed 19-Jun-19 07:50:34

I've been meaning to get into weight training for a while. Going to a gym is impossible at the moment due to time and childcare restrictions so I have to exercise at home. I got the lift and shred Jillian Michaels DVD a couple of months ago. I have been doing it 2-3 times a week on top of usual cardio and have already noticed a difference in my shape smile Also I have progressed shock things I couldn't do on the first day are too easy now.

Basically I need some heavier weights. The ones I have are dumb bells from sports direct, 1.5 and 2.5kg. I have been using some old ones of DH's (up to 7 kg), the kind where you can add disks to increase the weight. However these are too bulky, the disks are huge, and I still need something heavier for some exercises.

If you have heavier weights at home, what do you have? And where did you get them? I live in the back of beyond with limited transport. Our "local" Sports Direct is poorly stocked and I have no idea how much these things cost! Help!

TIA

BiscuitDrama Wed 19-Jun-19 07:53:16

I just got mine from amazon, can’t remember what they were, but I just searched by weight and then found ones that were cheap and had decent reviews.

MythicalBiologicalFennel Wed 19-Jun-19 09:21:30

Thanks Biscuit. How heavy are they? And how much did you pay? Thank you smile

BiscuitDrama Wed 19-Jun-19 20:34:10

Sorry I think they’re lighter than you need. There are loads though, just have a look and choose the weight you need.

ChocOrCheese Thu 20-Jun-19 17:29:38

I don't have weights at home but I do have a 10kg kettlebell. You can do a heck of a lot with a kettlebell or two.

Helspopje Thu 20-Jun-19 17:33:41

I have a set of kb up to 24kg and resistance bands, aTRX and resistance loops
Can do loads with it

MythicalBiologicalFennel Thu 20-Jun-19 20:15:23

Thank you all

I have just googled and learnt what a TRX is!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »