Talk

Advanced search

Reassure Me Please?

(8 Posts)
Travis1 Mon 24-Sep-18 16:44:33

Ok, I know this is probably batshit but I'm currently 19 & 1/2 stone, I've lost about 2 stone since the start of june. Aiming to eat 2-2200 calories day. Gym 3 times a week for weight machines and classes like metafit and les mills 3-5 times a week. I can feel muscles building on the back of my legs and my arms. Reassure me, I'm not going to suddenly be 19 stone of muscle so built like a brick shit house but still not the weight I need to be for fertility treatment?

Strongbeatsskinny Tue 25-Sep-18 22:52:53

No you’re most definitely not going to be built like a brick shit house( whatever that maybe)

You need to be in a calorie deficit to loose all that fat once the fat is stripped down you’ll reveal nice muscle you’ve built underneath.

Gormless Tue 25-Sep-18 22:56:14

That’s really impressive progress: keep it up. Your muscles will be more defined and your clothes will fit better but you won’t end up looking like a body builder with what you’re doing. Just keep at it!

UnderMajorDomoMinor Sun 14-Oct-18 10:54:19

Yep fat does not convert into muscle like that. Also you do not turn into Arnie without noticing! You are in control of the weight you lift, you don’t have to go up and up you can start doing more targeted lifting or build in more body weight exercise as you lose weight.

Well done that is stunning progress.

You got this!

stevie69 Fri 09-Nov-18 17:26:52

Fat doesn't convert into muscle at all. You can gain/lose fat. You can gain/lose muscle. They are separate beasts blush

stevie69 Fri 09-Nov-18 17:30:31

But no: if you carry on as you are — in a calorie deficit — you'll lose fat and lose weight. The muscle you're building will then become visible and you'll look, and feel, fab smile

MeOldChina Fri 09-Nov-18 17:46:10

It takes A LOT of very heavy weights and protein to put on loads of muscle. Basically, it can't happen by accident. You will lose body fat, and build some muscle which will help your body look better. Having more muscle will help yout body work better, helping you exercise more intensely and therefore improve your fitness. Don't worry and congratulations on the two stone!

FelicityTDYF Thu 15-Nov-18 00:17:19

lol Would love how to know how you're getting on Travis, what's your progress now?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: