Talk

Advanced search

App for logging training?

(11 Posts)
Bridechilla Wed 30-May-18 18:30:14

I've recently started lifting, it's all very new to me and I seemingly have the memory of a gnat - I keep forgetting what I'm supposed to be doing blush

I'm working with a PT and the routine is written down, but it doesn't mean much on paper and is hard to log alternate machines and what weights I've progressed too.

Is there any kind of app that I can create lots of training routines? Ideally with photos as I'm still learning the names of everything.

MsMartini Tue 05-Jun-18 16:29:00

OP, I haven't heard of anything quite like that. I have seen apps that give you a program.

I log everything in Notes on my iphone - so a row per exercise per session: reps and weights, comments/what to do next time. If you write the correct name of the machine then you can find it again when in the gym as they are (mostly) labelled? I would never remember otherwise and also it is very satisfying to see your progress even if each step is tiny, it adds up! I have only been lifting a short while and found it all very confusing at first, but have got a lot more confident, so keep going.

Lazyi Tue 05-Jun-18 16:33:24

Trainerize. It’s really for PTs, but you can set up with just you, and it’s great. They have a great support function too.

Strongbeatsskinny Tue 05-Jun-18 16:38:24

I use a log sheet book sets / reps alongside the exercises written down then across the sheet you can see whatever you need to beat achieve at a glance. Sometimes it’s reps then others are up the weight.

Bridechilla Tue 05-Jun-18 16:42:45

Thanks all, I really do want a visual or photo. I've been playing around with a few app and really like GymLife but it's £50 py if you want to log more than 2 workouts envy

I'll have a look at Trainerize tonight!

ErictheGuineaPig Tue 05-Jun-18 16:55:36

I use fitnotes. Not sure if you can add photos but it's been great for me to keep track of what I'm doing

Lazyi Wed 06-Jun-18 11:28:56

With Trainerize you have videos of how to do the exercises. It’s great.

Bridechilla Wed 06-Jun-18 17:17:32

I'm finding trainerize really confusing! It's free for 1 user, right?

Lazyi Wed 06-Jun-18 22:07:27

Yes. Contact their help people if you need to, they were great. You need to set yourself up as the client and the trainer, using two different email addresses. It’s a slight faff, but didn’t take me long. I have also used fit notes, but prefer trainerize.. it’s easy to use and I like the videos for when I forget how to do something!

Xmasfairy86 Thu 14-Jun-18 07:31:57

I use Strong. You can use the same routine over and over or free train and make it up as you go. You can enter sets/reps and weights. It’ll show any personal bests you achieve in the work out

Bridechilla Thu 14-Jun-18 21:18:00

Getting in well with trainerize. But if a pain jumping between account and it doesn't have everything listed. The videos are brilliant

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »