Talk

Advanced search

Home gym

(5 Posts)
Luxembourgmama Mon 19-Feb-18 08:56:46

Does anyone have a home gym with a rack. I'm looking to get equipment but the space we have is very small. Interested to see pics if anyone else has a nice set up.

Bluntness100 Mon 19-Feb-18 09:03:37

Mines a small space, I've elliptical, tread mill, bike, bench and weights and a small work out space for doing floor exercises. Works fine. Not keen to post pics though as anyone who knows me will recognise it.

Just buy what works for the space.

Luxembourgmama Mon 19-Feb-18 09:42:52

That doesn't sound like a small space at all. Mine will be 2m x 4.3m.

busymummy0411 Mon 05-Mar-18 21:23:27

We have a small gym in what was a garden shed. Husband extended it slightly, insulated and fitted it out. We have a bench, fairly big (and growing!) selection of weights and that's it. I know he wants a squat rack, but is having difficulty working out how it will fit without getting in the way of everything else. I haven't measured it, but I would estimate around the size of yours or maybe a touch smaller.

GummyGoddess Mon 05-Mar-18 21:46:02

We have matting, a power cage, bench, dumbbell rack, bumper plate stand and normal plate stand in ours (plus olympic barbell and curl bar and plates. Don't have a triceps bar right now).

We got all of it from GymRatz after we converted our tiny garage. Only issue is you will have to put it together yourself and the delivery drivers use a lorry and were somewhat taken aback at delivering to a residential address. They expected we would have a forklift to unload the pallets.

We only have the matting either side of the rack for deadlifts, there's not enough room to have it elsewhere and neither of us like standing on matting.

We have one of the Challenger cages, it just about fits. There's probably between 0.5-1 foot either side of the bar which is just enough to get the plates on and not hit the walls. The cage is diagonally centered in the garage so we could fit plates against the wall. I could send you a temporary link to a couple of photos of it if you want? I don't want to do it here as friends and family know what my gym looks like and I don't fancy outing myself.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »