Talk

Advanced search

Hello.

(5 Posts)
snotato Fri 02-Feb-18 23:13:14

I just wanted to say hello to everybody.
I have been weight training two days a week since the end of December.
I have been working mostly on my arms and bum.
I’ve noticed an improvement even in this short space of time.
Just wanted to introduce myself.

Strongbeatsskinny Sun 04-Feb-18 23:02:05

Up your training to 3/4 a week now your used to two sessions and keep increasing your weights and reps

snotato Mon 05-Feb-18 13:34:58

Thank you for your reply Strongbeastsskinny.
I will probably be able to up the training to 3 times a week.
I am currently doing 3sets of 12 reps with 6kg dumbbells.
I’m not sure what each of the reps are called.my oh showed me quite a few of them to work on my arms.but with the current weights and reps I’m doing,I’m not sure if I’m ready yet to up the weights or reps.
I could go down to 5kg dumbbells,and do more reps.or I could go up to 7or8kg dumbbells,and do less reps.
What do you think will be more beneficial?

Oogle Tue 06-Feb-18 12:02:20

I currently either do 4 sets of 12 reps with a weight I'm happy with or 3 sets of 8 reps with a slightly heavier weight. If I'm really pushing the weight up then I go to 5 sets of 5 reps.

snotato Tue 06-Feb-18 13:12:17

Thank you Oogle.
I may carry on with the 3 sets of 12 reps,then for the last 15 minutes of training,increase the weights to 8kg and do 5 sets of 5 reps so I don’t burn myself out early.

May I ask how long you train for?
I’m currently doing 2 circuits for 3 minutes each of running,punch bag,abs machine and shadow boxing, which takes about 30 minutes,then I start the weight training which I normally do for 30-40 minutes.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »