Talk

Advanced search

Weightlifting shoes for women - recommendations?

(4 Posts)
SillyMummyJan Mon 13-Nov-17 15:34:43

Hi,

I've been lifting quite a lot (a lot of squats) over the last few months and I've completely destroyed my trainers that I wear in the gym. I thought that it's probably a good excuse to get a proper set of weightlifting shoes. There doesn't seem to be a lot around specifically for women though.

Does anyone have any recommendations for good ones?

JaneTheTerrible Mon 13-Nov-17 15:50:51

Funnily, I just bought some a couple weeks ago. I got the Adidas Powerlift 3.0s and the difference compared to my old trainers is night and day. They make squats feel so more natural and make my feet just feel planted to the floor.

You're right that there isn't a lot of information for women. But there is a bit out there like this powerliftingbelts.org/best-womens-weightlifting-shoes/ which I used to choose mine. So if you're into your squats, you will feel a huge difference by getting a pair. Only problem is that they're not great for other sorts of exercise. I wouldn't go for a jog in them wink

Strongbeatsskinny Mon 13-Nov-17 17:18:08

Don’t know what size you are but Nike, Adidas and Reebok all do lifting shoes for women. Bare foot is my preference when I’ve forgotten mine though.

19lottie82 Mon 13-Nov-17 17:19:45

Adidas and Reebok online outlets usually have decent ones at reasonable prices.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now