Talk

Advanced search

Trying to gain weight

(4 Posts)
BeKind89 Mon 10-Apr-17 16:00:24

Please no nasty comments.

I'm 5'2 and weight just under 7 stone. I suffered really badly with PND after the birth of DS, lost all motivation to look after myself and pretty much had 1 small meal a day. I went down to 6 stone when DS was 8 months old.

Anyway fast forward about 2 years and thankfully, I'm much better now. But still really underweight. I do eat a pretty balanced diet, 3 meals a day (as often as I can) and I eat loads of goodies like chocolates and cakes.

I've always had a high metabolism and I've always been slim (about 8 and a half stone pre-pregnancy) but I can't seem to put the weight back on.
I'd love to get back to my original weight if not a bit more. I know I shouldn't care, but I get a lot of comments on the fact that I'm "too small" or I need to "eat a burger".

I want to start taking weight gain suppliments but I'm really not sure!

Has anyone else had this problem? Tia x

MaidOfStars Tue 23-May-17 18:40:18

I do eat a pretty balanced diet, 3 meals a day (as often as I can) and I eat loads of goodies like chocolates and cakes
Ditch the chocolate and cake.

Eat nuts, nut butters, seeds etc.
Eat more frequently. How often are you hitting three meals a day?
Drink veg smoothies.
Eat eggs and avocados.

You're not a million miles off a healthy weight. Within "one Christmas holiday" anyway grin

Do you exercise? Weight lifting will add pounds.

HopeClearwater Tue 23-May-17 18:56:01

Do you smoke?

FinallyFree123456789 Fri 16-Feb-18 21:28:01

@BeKind89

Your OP sounds like I could have written it myself! Shamelessly placemarking incase anyone has any good tips :-)
Need to gain half a stone before August ha x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now