Talk

Advanced search

Trying to gain weight

(5 Posts)
BeKind89 Mon 10-Apr-17 16:00:24

Please no nasty comments.

I'm 5'2 and weight just under 7 stone. I suffered really badly with PND after the birth of DS, lost all motivation to look after myself and pretty much had 1 small meal a day. I went down to 6 stone when DS was 8 months old.

Anyway fast forward about 2 years and thankfully, I'm much better now. But still really underweight. I do eat a pretty balanced diet, 3 meals a day (as often as I can) and I eat loads of goodies like chocolates and cakes.

I've always had a high metabolism and I've always been slim (about 8 and a half stone pre-pregnancy) but I can't seem to put the weight back on.
I'd love to get back to my original weight if not a bit more. I know I shouldn't care, but I get a lot of comments on the fact that I'm "too small" or I need to "eat a burger".

I want to start taking weight gain suppliments but I'm really not sure!

Has anyone else had this problem? Tia x

MaidOfStars Tue 23-May-17 18:40:18

I do eat a pretty balanced diet, 3 meals a day (as often as I can) and I eat loads of goodies like chocolates and cakes
Ditch the chocolate and cake.

Eat nuts, nut butters, seeds etc.
Eat more frequently. How often are you hitting three meals a day?
Drink veg smoothies.
Eat eggs and avocados.

You're not a million miles off a healthy weight. Within "one Christmas holiday" anyway grin

Do you exercise? Weight lifting will add pounds.

HopeClearwater Tue 23-May-17 18:56:01

Do you smoke?

FinallyFree123456789 Fri 16-Feb-18 21:28:01

@BeKind89

Your OP sounds like I could have written it myself! Shamelessly placemarking incase anyone has any good tips :-)
Need to gain half a stone before August ha x

LonelyJemma Wed 11-Jul-18 14:33:48

Old thread but I'm in the same position!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: