Talk

Advanced search

Weighttraining newbie!

(10 Posts)
buggerthebotox Sun 02-Apr-17 12:19:31

I've recently started doing one-to-one weights at my local gym. Classes are half an hour, and not too taxing (yet).

After Friday's session I felt fine, but yesterday my legs were really sore, to the point of incapacitating me, nearly! I could barely walkblush

Is this normal? I'm still stiff today, but better. The sore muscles are at the front of my legs, between my knees and thighs.

I don't want to let this put me off of it's normal. I'm enjoying the sessions and feel stronger and more toned already.

Lalsy Mon 03-Apr-17 12:52:12

HI, I am no expert but google DOMS. I have upped my exercising and weights type stuff in the last year or so and tried new things and have found I am often a bit stiff and sore in new places a day or two afterwards. Doing some more exercise (gentle if need be) usually helps, and perhaps having a hot bath on the day i you can. Doesn't seem to be anything to worry about though.

buggerthebotox Mon 03-Apr-17 19:26:37

Thanks, laisy. I'm really enjoying the sessions. I was knackered due to lack of sleep as well, so couldn't face much strenuous movement. Pleased to know it's not just mesmile.

buggerthebotox Sun 09-Jul-17 13:15:06

I'm still doing the weights, and enjoying it!

I think I'm making progress. I can squat with 25k now, and my balance is much better. I can even touch my toes for the first time ever!

How are you all doing? Any inspirational stories to share?

TrifectaPT Sun 09-Jul-17 15:08:53

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

buggerthebotox Sun 09-Jul-17 15:38:47

Oh Thanks! I'm getting on, and I'm finding the weights great for toning. My shape is definitely changing and I'm feeling much stronger.

I still get a bit sore, but nothing like that first time! Must be getting used to it. smile

TrifectaPT Sun 09-Jul-17 15:44:30

Keep at it 😊 you'll be where you want to be before you know it 😊

buggerthebotox Sun 09-Jul-17 15:46:34

.....even my jowls seem to be improvinggrin. Must be all the grimacing....

TrifectaPT Sun 09-Jul-17 15:56:34

Haha excellent 😂😂

MaidOfStars Thu 13-Jul-17 10:24:54

The only bit of my face I'll be toning is my left upper lip, which I cannot prevent forming an Elvis-style gurn when I'm maxing effort grin

DOMS is terrible, especially quads/glutes - it's never dignified to have to grip toilet roll holders in order to lift yourself off the loo.

Sounds like the last thing you'd want to do but running really helps me. It's painful for a few km, but really eases off after that, and doesn't return with anywhere near as much vengeance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now