Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Any tips on not being a greedy little shit all day long?

(10 Posts)
Sammy1888 Sun 20-Dec-15 08:53:06

Before I got pregnant, a couple of years ago I lost 2 stone within a couple of months and got down to my goal weight of 9 stone. Mainly by being your typical teenager(ish) and partying all the time and being too busy to gorge all the time. It really just fell off me without much effort at all blush

Then I got pregnant, had a few relationship issues and found myself very lonely. With the excuse of 'eating for two' and 'getting fat anyway', I just slipped into old habits that I never got back under control. My daughters 8 months now, I'm nearly 13 stone and much heavier than I was after I had her so can't blame it on the baby weight!

I know that I will lose weight quickly if I only had the willpower to not eat all day long! I have 3 big meals throughout the day whilst my LO eats her food, the occasional treat and then a ridiculous amount of yummy food with DP every single night! He's strange and doesn't eat much during the day at all so he can get away with this binging sessions more than me.. Gitangry know it's just mind over matter, but after Christmas I really need to do something about it as I have very low self esteem at the moment, so does anyone have any tips that might help me stop thinking about food from the moment I wake up till the moment I go to sleep? blush

Also any exercise tips for someone who gets out of breath just walking up the stairs?santa

TheWoodenSpoonOfMischief Sun 20-Dec-15 09:01:47

Have only 3 meals so choose which 3 you're going to have and the rest of the time snack on fruit, if you feel hungry.
Drink lots of water throughout the day and take a good multi vit with iron in case you're over eating due to lack of energy or iron or something.
Get out of the house with the buggy and go for a long walk every day.

Veterinari Sun 20-Dec-15 09:05:20

Have a good breakfast then Increase your activity - I found using a pedometer helps and if you're walking you aren't snacking.
If you're in the house stay busy. Do a NY deep clean, sort out clothes for charity shop etc.

Cerseirys Sun 20-Dec-15 09:27:11

Use MyFitnessPal to track what you're eating. I find it invaluable.

calzone Sun 20-Dec-15 09:30:22

Fill up on protein and you will snack less.

Sammy1888 Sun 20-Dec-15 09:37:37

Thanks for all your comments! Re a multivitamin, will pregnacare do? blush I've still got lots of them knocking about!

So will I have to completely cut out chocolate and sweets? This will definitely be the hardest part for me! It really is like an addiction..

TheWoodenSpoonOfMischief Sun 20-Dec-15 09:41:01

Instead of thinking about cutting out sweets, think about cutting out food which is harming you.
When you get a craving for chocolate, instead of trying to deny yourself, try drinking a glass of water and telling yourself that you can have the chocolate but only after you've eaten a piece of fruit and if you still fancy it.
Most of the time you won't.

sleepwhenidie Sun 20-Dec-15 09:47:23

Umm..I think you want to be posting on weight loss boards rather than weight lifting boards but stop labelling yourself as greedy and cut out processed food 80% of the time. Google 'intuitive eating' .... And lift weights fwink

Sammy1888 Sun 20-Dec-15 09:54:58

Oh god! Sorry, I'm new blushis there any way to get it moved? Thanks for all suggestions..

sleepwhenidie Sun 20-Dec-15 10:01:48

You could contact mnhq and explain but probably just as easy to start a new thread smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now