Talk

Advanced search

to slim down one's calves

(5 Posts)
Brookville Tue 08-Dec-15 12:08:37

I used to have sleek legs but over the years my calves are definitely wider and chunkier looking. I'm 5'4 in height, medium build, veering towards athletic, and the same weight I was when I was in my 20s (about 10st 6 / 65kg) - and I'm 40 now.
Is there any good exercise / diet programme that will slim them again? I do 5:2 but often just manage one fast a week. I like my wine but am not too bad with cakes etc. I do circuits, Pilates each once a week, and also run once a week.
I have never yo-yo'd and didn't put too much on during pregnancy either so am not quite sure what's happened to my pins!

Rinceoir Tue 08-Dec-15 12:15:55

I have wide calves no matter what weight I am, and have never found an exercise programme that does anything but bulk them up. So I'm following!

WowOoo Tue 08-Dec-15 12:16:45

Are they just more toned and muscly now? I can't think of anything that could get mine back to their former slimness apart from starving myself and I don't want to do that.

Mine went chunkier after I got a bike and started exercising more.

I tell myself that it is muscle, not fat and that I am strong.
Had to get rid of boots that didn't fit anymore. Sorry, I'm no help.

suzannecaravaggio Sun 07-Feb-16 21:25:31

I'm jealous
My calves are pretty good but it sounds like yours are bigger and betterenvy
What's your secret OP?

suzannecaravaggio Sun 07-Feb-16 21:31:51

BTW way, do you even lift?
This is the weights room you knowwink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now