Improving (from scratch!) core and arms at home

(4 Posts)
PourquoiTuGachesTaVie Fri 07-Aug-15 22:25:39

After being owned by my 5 year old on a set of monkey bars today I need to do something about my core and arm strength. I used to be able to climb ropes and all sorts but a decade of desk work means I've lost pretty much all my upper body strength!

Can anyone recommend a DVD or plan, maybe an equivalent to couch to 5k which I can do at home?

canalknit Sat 08-Aug-15 16:45:47

There is a free ap you could download (Sworkit) which I've just started using and am enjoying. You can choose between Yoga/strength/stretch/cardio and then focus your workout (so arms, legs, core etc) and select the time. It's easy to use and you can definitely do it at home.

sleepwhenidie Sat 29-Aug-15 10:26:37

I'd probably go for MN favourite Jillian Michaels - perhaps 'Ripped in 30' rather than shred but check them out and see what you think.

But even just several daily sets of push ups, tricep dips, planks and side planks and supermans (don't forget your back is v important wrt core strength) would be a good place to start improving core and upper body strength.

carrie74 Tue 17-Nov-15 10:19:15

Fitness Blander good too. I did an hour's "tabata" (nothing like that actual tabata) on my upper body yesterday, and am really feeling it today.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now