Talk

Advanced search

Protein and metabolic windows

(5 Posts)
IronMaggie Tue 23-Jun-15 22:45:45

Is anyone religious about getting protein in within 30 - 60 minutes of their workout? And have you seen any difference in results / recovery?

I don't bother with it too much and don't like the idea of supplements etc, so wondering if it's worth making any changes...?

BlameItOnTheBogey Wed 24-Jun-15 00:50:08

Yes and yes. I'm with you on not liking the idea of it. I general follow the principle of 'if I can't look at my food and know what went into it and how it was made then I am not going to eat it'. It took me a LONG time to be persuaded that protein shakes were a good thing. But my trainer persuaded me to give it a try and I found one with minimal crap in it. I ix it up and drink it in the locker room and have been doing this for about 6 weeks. It definitely makes a difference to my recovery and to my strength gains. I'm a convert.

Mide7 Wed 24-Jun-15 09:09:53

I'd say as long as your getting sufficient protein in 24 hours it doesn't matter when you eat it.

I used to be into the whole anabolic window thing but now meal/ nutrient timing is way down my list of priorities.

The thing that changed my mind was intermittent fasting. I used to be a sucker for the whole 6 meals a day thing. Read about IF thought it sounded interesting. Tried it and felt loads better.

I don't follow it now tho, just eat fairly normally. 3 meals a day normally.

NRomanoff Thu 25-Jun-15 07:52:41

Tried it, saw no difference over a 6 month period. I don't worry about the timing of my food. Just count my macros across the day. There is a lor of contradicting information about this out there. I suppose it's what works for you.

IronMaggie Fri 26-Jun-15 19:22:22

Ok thanks all, I'll keep experimenting to see what works for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now