Talk

Advanced search

Micronised creatine powder -- is it safe?

(3 Posts)
shockthemonkey Sun 14-Jun-15 09:44:44

Hello there, glad I found this board!

My son is into weight training and seems to want to continue to build body mass (even though for me he is sufficiently built-up as it is). He has asked me to procure for him something called micronised creatine powder (and some of the same in pill form for a friend of his).

Are there any risks in him taking this supplement? Is there anything I should bear in mind regarding dosage or any other directions for use?

He is 18 yrs old, very tall (2m) and muscly, quite big-framed but lean. He does weights four times a week at least, plus school sports (basketball, football, running). He already takes a protein shake Serious Mass by Optimum Nutrition, usually fixing himself one shake daily.

Thanks very much for advising if you can.

Mide7 Sun 14-Jun-15 17:27:48

I don't know about that creatine in particularly but creatine is generally safe. It's found naturally in red meat ( not that that means things are safe but) and I think all it does is increases the amount of the energy in the muscle. Creatine is one of the only supplements that has proven benefits to.

That being said, you don't need any fancy stuff. Just plain creatine mono hydrate is fine.

shockthemonkey Sun 14-Jun-15 21:12:43

Thank you very much Mide7. I had read a bit of marketing blurb but am really glad to have another view.

Thanks again,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now